Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
@Mike-Coach Q @Shawn can we agree that his timing or calmness or whatever you want to call it is just him moving in a more traditional manner? Maybe there’s less strain/stuck positional moves and more athleticism being used? Maybe this freed up his hands to get to the ball better? This is a repackaging, no? TM is the king of this kinda thing. As long as he comes up w it, it’s right! 😆 never heard him give any pro or coach any credit about anything!

The earlier video about being loaded on time? Sounds like things talked about in large circles a long time ago.

I don’t care. I’m just stating the obvious.

May 12, 2016

I always thought the term Ferris wheel was very misleading ... if the pitch is low at the ankles the path will look more like a Ferris wheel, if up around around the shoulders, a merry-go-round... how else would the barrel get behind and stay through the ball?

HRs from the strike out king himself :), all in the same game...

HR #1
1662571923886.png

HR #2
1662571725448.png

HR #3
1662571800350.png

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I always thought the term Ferris wheel was very misleading ... if the pitch is low at the ankles the path will look more like a Ferris wheel, if up around around the shoulders, a merry-go-round... how else would the barrel get behind and stay through the ball?

HRs from the strike out king himself :), all in the same game...

HR #1
View attachment 26450

HR #2
View attachment 26448

HR #3
View attachment 26449
He appears to have allot of extra unnecessary movement with his leg kick.. Seems to work for him but guessing hard to control. I do like his free hands which allows him to adjust to different zones vs locked into a vertical plane of motion (Ferris wheel).

May 12, 2016
He appears to have allot of extra unnecessary movement with his leg kick.. Seems to work for him but guessing hard to control. I do like his free hands which allows him to adjust to different zones vs locked into a vertical plane of motion (Ferris wheel).
Really big leg movement, but he can control it which is why it works for him

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
@Mike-Coach Q @Shawn can we agree that his timing or calmness or whatever you want to call it is just him moving in a more traditional manner? Maybe there’s less strain/stuck positional moves and more athleticism being used? Maybe this freed up his hands to get to the ball better? This is a repackaging, no? TM is the king of this kinda thing. As long as he comes up w it, it’s right! 😆 never heard him give any pro or coach any credit about anything!

The earlier video about being loaded on time? Sounds like things talked about in large circles a long time ago.

I don’t care. I’m just stating the obvious.

When your hot your hot. It’s like when Ohtani was hot, their swings are so sudden so quick, just all in (their timing is so good). Watched Judge time a change up for a HR today. He adjusted before foot plant, just held the stretch a little.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06