Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Once you learn the HLP swing, The next step is learning how to hit with it.

IOW's get the shift out of the way fyb.

orLqo7b.gif

Rushing occurs when trying to stay back one legged and allowing the swing to shift the weight forward (slow, and long).

May 16, 2019
Swing is the shift is long and slow. Bonds shifts before swinging
Long (Early) and slow is a good thing when timing the pitched ball and it works best when you don't have to weight the front foot to launch the barrel. If I'm early , I have a chance but if I'm late not much I can do. This method has several advantages over the weighted front foot and push the knob in order to TTB.

You can see that A.J. is doing almost exactly that , he's early and slow as he's waiting for the ball to reach his zone. The way he loads and stretches the load he can launch the barrel at any time.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Long (Early) and slow is a good thing when timing the pitched ball and it works best when you don't have to weight the front foot to launch the barrel. If I'm early , I have a chance but if I'm late not much I can do. This method has several advantages over the weighted front foot and push the knob in order to TTB.

You can see that A.J. is doing almost exactly that , he's early and slow as he's waiting for the ball to reach his zone. The way he loads and stretches the load he can launch the barrel at any time.

Swing is the shift will not allow one to turn on a pitch (inside out).. Getting the shift out of the way correctly (fyb) allows one hit the other way sit off-speed or turn on it.

JE6YKXj.mp4

sHYTOLT.gif

ToleUTV.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Maybe you and Mike could come to some agreement if you explained WHAT is shifting here because it certainly isn’t the “weight” to his front foot in this gif..right?
It's rite here (fyb).. The legs are used for leverage against the middle getting stretched..

aDgA1Fi.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild