Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So why did you even bring it up? Fluff?

It directly relates to your TTB mechanic. Fluff is extra things that aren’t necessary for a good result. Just like TTB. Not necessary.

Edit: and like the video said, when you drop the head below the hands to shallow the swing you must spin. Spin is more fluff. Not necessary.

Reactions: TDS
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Jun 8, 2016
I would suggest that most come to a point where they've figured it partly out, but that next step is the stumbling block that becomes their limiter for success. Quality instruction changes the curve and the ceiling. Shared knowledge is valuable. As a teacher, you know this.
Sure most, not all, because like I said there were good hitters before instruction was a thing. Shawn seemed to imply that nobody can figure it on their own.

I already said I wasn’t knocking instruction. If I wasn’t so narcissistic Marcela would be getting (quality) private instruction now.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
It directly relates to your TTB mechanic. Fluff is extra things that aren’t necessary for a good result. Just like TTB. Not necessary.

Yet, despite your attempts to discredit it, for many hitters (my DD being one), learning to TTB through the drills and instruction used by Mike has been transformative, and an important part of taking another step forward in their hitting development. It's not theory. It's real-world examples of success.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yet, despite your attempts to discredit it, for many hitters (my DD being one), learning to TTB through the drills and instruction used by Mike has been transformative, and an important part of taking another step forward in their hitting development. It's not theory. It's real-world examples of success.

It’s all relative at this point.

Like I said, call it the holy grail, sell it, Promote it. I don’t care. Just don’t call it what the pros do. It’s not.

Please show some other examples.

Reactions: TDS
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Not TTB. The blur starts after core contraction. Way after the bat has dropped some. What you’re seeing is an oppo approach guy w oppo approach tendencies.

Edit: remember TTB is instantaneous.

Notice the differences. They matter a lot when you got .14-.16 to react and swing it.

1652894473056.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying