Taking a break

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Has she taken any time off since she started pitching?

My DD is 1st year 16u and have been pitching since 1st year 8u. For the first few years, she was pitching multiple times per week, every week. Even during basketball season she still practiced pitching. In April of 1st year 12u, she got a stress fracture in her back and was out for 3 months. Seeking advice here, consensus was she was pitching too much. I'm sure there was a 2 year period where she pitch twice a week, every week. She wanted to get better and she did, but there was a price. Since then, she has taken off from Thanksgiving to New Year's every year.

Hopefully a break does your DD some good. Good luck!!!

Jun 12, 2015
Thanks for sharing her story. She WILL be back! A break is a good thing and if I'm not mistaken she is under 14 so plenty of continue the journey if that's what she wants. And by the way, even though some of us think pitching is everything, it's not. There are 8 other positions on the field that are critical to the success of a team. Good luck!

She's only 12.5 :) Lots of time left.

She also plays SS and 3B, and is a good hitter. So she's got plenty of softball to play without pitching, for sure. She has taken breaks every year, usually August and December fully off and other times during the year when we slow down. But this one is different, somehow. I feel like she's through with it, at least for awhile. She can enjoy the rest of the game without worrying about being in the circle.

Jun 12, 2015
Oh, anyone want to buy a Pocket Radar Ball Coach? Works perfectly, but I almost never used it even when she was pitching.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
First of all, I hope she heals thoroughly and is able to continue being an athletic and active young lady, in whatever manner excites her passion. Others have already covered the softball aspects of this, so I don't have anything to add in that regard. I hope her softball journey continues. I've enjoyed watching it for the last (almost) 4 years since you joined DFP.

Rehab while taking a break working balance exercises especially with ankle injuries with proper rehab and work out she could come back stronger and faster. In whatever she wants to pursue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd