Take a Look..........

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Part of that speed is coming from "sailing" and eliminating any drag. She can probably adjust that as needed though. My DD tended to do that, too - but it was before this type of photography.

I think some of these instructors are just good salesmen (no offense) and are great conversationalists. But talent, practice, a lot of help from a bucket sitter and plenty of circle time and talent will win out. It is the girls that fall through the cracks that lose out.

Sep 10, 2013
eliminating any drag is good, but isn't she illegal? at one point, both legs are airborne.
interestingly enough, DD has just about the same mechanics as the one in the video, except that she always has her pivot foot in contact with the ground up until the stride leg lands.
she learned her lesson very early on in 10u REC ball when blue came over and told her she was illegal. that was tough. she had to make an adjustment on-the-fly.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2011
Yes, she is illegal according to ASA. But the pitch sequence looked good.

I still want to know when BoardMember is going run that clinic!!!!! :)

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Can someone throw 64mph with a glove side swimming to that degree?

I don't see why not. I don't really see glove swim as any sort of fundamental for speed. It think it can affect some girls' accuracy, but I think there is a wide range of allowable swim before it needs to be corrected or taught. I thing glove side timing as it counterbalances the throwing side is afar more important. my 2 cents

Feb 1, 2012
NJ
When I started watching the video I got as far as the wrist snaps and had to leave but I wanted to see what his girls looked like in a full pitch. I boubced to the 15min. mark. I love it when this happens on an video.

Jul 17, 2012
Have to share this.....

Took DD to a pitching Clinic over the weekend. First one we've ever attended. Guess what the VERY first thing they talked about as part of warming up... you got it. Wrist snaps. Then like a piper leading the rats... they moved on to the K drill... Yep... you guessed it. "Hold the ball over your head with the ball facing 2nd base.....you should be able to look back and see the back of your hand". "Then throw and slam the door" I swear...I can't make this up. DD just looked over at me with a grin like.... Here we go....

This was called a "Fundamentals Class". I took her there because the other was called an "Advanced" class and it was suggested that it was for 9th grade and up.... DD is in 6th. Well, she endured the 90 minutes, as several of the coaches and a few players paid close attention to her and noticed how well she was throwing compared to the other girls. BUT, I overheard a few comments like..."That's great... But if you finish strong like this (Masterful Hello Elbow Finish was demonstrated), you'll throw the ball a LOT harder" The ONE KID doing it well, and they want to change her to do it like the others. I DON'T GET IT!!!

Consequently, she was told to come to the later Advanced Class for the remaining 2 weeks of the program.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi