Switching pc progress?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sem

Feb 11, 2011
How long should I expect it to take for my 13 yo dd to start showing improvements when switching pitching styles? She just started with a new pc and is going from the open and close to now staying open. I made the decision to try to gain some velocity (which I thought was not happening with the other pc) and hopefully a little more movement on her breaking pitches. Her breaking pitches were moving but just not consistent. I hope I've made the right choice and that she'll be ready for summer ball.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
How long should I expect it to take for my 13 yo dd to start showing improvements when switching pitching styles? She just started with a new pc and is going from the open and close to now staying open. I made the decision to try to gain some velocity (which I thought was not happening with the other pc) and hopefully a little more movement on her breaking pitches. Her breaking pitches were moving but just not consistent. I hope I've made the right choice and that she'll be ready for summer ball.

Staying open is right move... I have been just over 30 days w/ my DD switching from closed to open... It's been a job...just now starting to see results...she has been working 5 days a week for 1-2 hrs.

Jul 26, 2010
Give her 3-4 months. Make sure she's practicing. She doesn't have to practice until she's sore, but she must practice often. 20 minutes 5 days a week is better then 2 hours twice a week.

-W

Sem

Feb 11, 2011
I was thinking more like 30 days. Right now she's pitching 2 days a week, team practice once a week, working out twice a week, and doing about 30 minutes of pitching drills daily.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I was thinking more like 30 days. Right now she's pitching 2 days a week, team practice once a week, working out twice a week, and doing about 30 minutes of pitching drills daily.

Here's my DD at a little over 30 days coverting from a closed to a open style...

Jul 26, 2010

Glad you asked then. 3 months.

-W

Oct 22, 2009
Mine took about 4 months going from step to L&D. 4 months for the mechanics to be settled in and her speed to increase from where she was at the step style.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1