Swing video Eval 2

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I think she's doing a pretty good job with rear side resistance, or she wouldn't end up in the reverse C shape she does at finish. I agree she could coil as she moves out a little better, but total concentration on bottom half is not going to fix her top half issue. JMO.

I don't look at it as focusing on the bottom half and missing out on the top half. I look at it as focusing on the launch, and the downstream will be taken care of.

Mar 5, 2014
I don't look at it as focusing on the bottom half and missing out on the top half. I look at it as focusing on the launch, and the downstream will be taken care of.

Wouldn't this drill address her top half launch issues?

StealthDrill.gif

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
That's a great drill.

Its been used for a very long time by others before being "rediscovered".

its called a "hitters box drill" And it does many things, teaches good front arm work, good hand pivot work (turning the barrel), teaches a student to "tilt" and adjust their lean for different pitch heights.
It also teaches a good strong contact point, (squaring up to the ball).

Uninformed coaches and parents hate this drill, as their dogma might be insulted, for dropping the shoulder, and their ideas of a LEVEL SWING.
heck I have been attacked by the "experts" here on this site, and from baseball debate, for using this drill.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
A triangle turn pivots about the hands. THE BARREL PIVOTS ABOUT THE HANDS. A very short swing path. A very quick swing.
A box turn pivots about the spine. THE BARREL ROTATES ABOUT THE SPINE. A very long swing path. A very slow developing swing.
'Triangle turn' not a 'box turn'.
MannySwivel.gif

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Should the hands really be moving forward, across his body like the drill gif? The player gif posted shows the hands are back during the turn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877