Another 10u Swing Eval

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 28, 2022
First post!!

My 10u DD seems to be doing weird things with her hands causing her to rollover the top of the ball or always hit off the endcap. When she does barrel the ball up she has a ton of power but lately it seems to few and few between her squaring the ball up.
Any suggestions?

Any feedback on any part of her swing will be gladly accepted, any drills to help out will also be welcomed.

Feb 14, 2019
First post!!

My 10u DD seems to be doing weird things with her hands causing her to rollover the top of the ball or always hit off the endcap. When she does barrel the ball up she has a ton of power but lately it seems to few and few between her squaring the ball up.
Any suggestions?

Any feedback on any part of her swing will be gladly accepted, any drills to help out will also be welcomed.

There's a lot of good going on there...I'm not a great hitting coach kind of guy but it kind of looks like she's getting carried away with the idea of keeping her hands inside the ball. The sequence gets just a bit out of whack and it causes her to pull off the ball some. Hopefully some of the better hitting guys on here will weigh in.

GIMNEPIWO

GIMNEPIWO
Dec 9, 2017
VA
I see her pulling her front shoulder ... I'm thinking front hand 1 arm drills off the T ought to help fix it.

* with a short bat

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Set up is good. She is artificially keeping her hand too high. Look like somebody is giving her a bad que.
Front arm never extends.
Go to a field. Set up normal in the box. Lower the tee some and set it up on outer half. Have her hit line drives over the second baseman's (you) head. Over and over again. She should feel her left arm getting extended right after contact. She should feel her shoulders tilting downhill longer and staying closed longer.

Apr 17, 2019
Agree, the hands turn, then start to go up immediately. Her form looks really good otherwise.
This might be one of those rare occasions I'd use the cue 'swing down to the ball' 😬. Or even 'throw the hands at the ball' 😳.
I'd try the Bonds drill first, have her drive the ball directly into the ground in front of the tee. Once she gets the feel of that, move the target out a few feet until she's hitting line drives, keeping that feel.

Jun 8, 2016
Agree, the hands turn, then start to go up immediately. Her form looks really good otherwise.
This might be one of those rare occasions I'd use the cue 'swing down to the ball' 😬. Or even 'throw the hands at the ball' 😳.
I'd try the Bonds drill first, have her drive the ball directly into the ground in front of the tee. Once she gets the feel of that, move the target out a few feet until she's hitting line drives, keeping that feel.
I am not sure I have seen this issue in the 6+ years I have been on here...lol...kids :ROFLMAO:

Jun 28, 2022
I am not sure I have seen this issue in the 6+ years I have been on here...lol...kids :ROFLMAO:
I know - I just cant figure out how to verbalize the issue to her LOL. I've watched her swing 200 times this week and didn't pick up on her hands until we took this videos.

She is artificially keeping her hand too high. Look like somebody is giving her a bad que.
Hands too high when getting set or with her swing? Bad que? what do you mean - like bad instruction? HA Yes, that's why we wanted to ask here instead of have me try to give her potentially more bad coaching. Will definitely try the tee on the outer half -Thank you!

I see her pulling her front shoulder ... I'm thinking front hand 1 arm drills off the T ought to help fix it.

* with a short bat
will try tonight - thank you!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13