Swing .. thoughts?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
What shift? He isn't aggressive enough with a shift? What type of shift?

His shift looks : from back to more back??? Lol. He's in a telephone booth?? He's falling off a cliff ?? I'm not sure what I'm suppose to say. He's in in a telephone booth that is falling off a cliff !! Final answer!

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Shawn when his lead leg dangles AJ looks like he is on a bar stool in a telephone booth that is falling off a cliff . Does that make sense to you?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Shawn when his lead leg dangles AJ looks like he is on a bar stool in a telephone booth that is falling off a cliff . Does that make sense to you?

Yes it makes perfect sense. I was wondering if you were talking about shifting the center, the entire body. I think the HI guys use the bar stool as an example. They try to stay on it as long as possible.

Shifting is a tricky thing, so when you said aggressive you made me think exactly what you meant.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Shifting is a tricky thing, so when you said aggressive you made me think exactly what you meant.[/QUOTE]

Weight shift is tricky. I have used weight the back heel , stretch forward with coil. I have used get 'into' your back hip come forward with coil. I have used the stork drill . But to me they all were useless until I told the player "to keep the weight back until it's time to swing." When doing that the player would know to at least try/learn to control their shift . When I use this cue after I show them resistance in the upper/lower body. It's wasnt to much of an issue . How do you teach weight shift?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
His shift looks : from back to more back??? Lol. He's in a telephone booth?? He's falling off a cliff ?? I'm not sure what I'm suppose to say. He's in in a telephone booth that is falling off a cliff !! Final answer!
It screams I have no balance and I'm not very sure of what I'm doing
Poor Bonds....falling out of the phone booth.
tumblr_pc6rlf6dTG1usf292o1_250.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Poor Bonds....falling out of the phone booth.

Your either saying Bonds shifts like AJ? Or your saying TM taught Bonds how to shift? Both are false. If I interpreted that wrong let me know.

Bonds has a forward move with a small weight shift. AJ is all back fall back.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Work=wins,

I believe what most call weight shift is just getting into position to hit the ball. The launch or hitting position happens at toe touch and any weight shift happening during the coil, is just getting into position to hit the ball.

I want the "weight shift" to be as natural as possible. And if I don't have to mention it, I won't.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Your either saying Bonds shifts like AJ? Or your saying TM taught Bonds how to shift? Both are false. If I interpreted that wrong let me know.

Bonds has a forward move with a small weight shift. AJ is all back fall back.

You hate puppies if I interpreted that wrong let me know.....
I said what I said...after the ball is gone who cares if the hitter falls out of the phone booth. Bonds falls out of the phone booth, off the cliff.
tumblr_pc6tt42OSU1usf292o1_250.gif

Or your saying TM taught Bonds how to shift
It's funny how every one but, me brings up TM/Rich but me.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
You hate puppies if I interpreted that wrong let me know.....
I said what I said...after the ball is gone who cares if the hitter falls out of the phone booth. Bonds falls out of the phone booth, off the cliff.
tumblr_pc6tt42OSU1usf292o1_250.gif

It's funny how every one but, me brings up TM/Rich but me.

It's kinda like when your friends bring up that one night stand that you know you shoulda left alone that night. Lol. Couldn't resist . I'm done.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
It's kinda like when your friends bring up that one night stand that you know you shoulda left alone that night
I'm hoping at your 50th wedding anniversary party you change the story up a bit......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles