Swing Feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
Hi,
16 year old most pitcher only but want to work on her swing for travel since HS is canceled and we are home together for a while. For years we fought dropping her hands. She had/has a tendency to pull up on back half of swing. We were working on keeping her barrel in the zone longer. She has power but with her swinging up she would either hit a bomb on pop up.
What would you work on?

Thanks!

Feb 16, 2015
South East
IMO these swings look pretty good but the Instructo Swing looks to be inhibiting the swing some. Can she let the arms out to hit an outside pitch (rhetorical question). If it were me, I would stop hitting on the Instructo Swing and start pitching to her, then post more video IMHO.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
  • At the shot from behind her at 26 seconds:
    • Watch her hands in relation to the stride leg
    • Hands are loaded when knee reaches top height
    • Hands start to go forward before stride foot touches down
      • Arms are doing most of the work
  • Would work on elbow actually making a small move back to the camera when the stride foot touches down
    • Must have the hands staying back during the stride to do this
  • When she gets it, you should be able to visibly see a change in the bat speed

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
IMO these swings look pretty good but the Instructo Swing looks to be inhibiting the swing some. Can she let the arms out to hit an outside pitch (rhetorical question). If it were me, I would stop hitting on the Instructo Swing and start pitching to her, then post more video IMHO.
What is that Instructo Swing supposed to do?

Feb 16, 2015
South East
What is that Instructo Swing supposed to do?

At one point and time it was marketed to help teach a down & through bat path..... They may have changed their stance a little over the years though IDK...... but the way the young lady is using it in the video. Reminds me of the wall drill which promotes knob to the ball/anti cast of the barrel with a very tight around the spine type path. So apparently it has a few other settings that will deter or teach certain bat paths.

362e3f8bbe67520f018b8f583ed2e42c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
At one point and time it was marketed to help teach a down & through bat path..... They may have changed their stance a little over the years though IDK...... but the way the young lady is using it in the video. Reminds me of the wall drill which promotes knob to the ball/anti cast of the barrel with a very tight around the spine type path. So apparently it has a few other settings that will deter or teach certain bat paths.

362e3f8bbe67520f018b8f583ed2e42c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got it, looks like the back horseshoe end of it is bent away from the hitter, i assume it is allowing more casting though that way.

Hit that thing and wreck your hands. Suppose learn it or get hurt trying.

Aug 20, 2017
Move and film her from the other side. Her hands are looking pushy on that instrument. Can’t really tell from this angle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles