Swing Feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
45b9300d9f115b8991a5248ddf33e4253e1f5db0.gifv

Hand path, hand path, hand path, & lack of extensions......
Try this drill( hit oppo):
giphy.gif

Mar 28, 2014
She has no extension. She's chicken winging it. Likely hits a lot of flares to RF. She's cutting herself off short through the zone. She needs to do some extension drills.

Aug 20, 2017
She has no extension. She's chicken winging it. Likely hits a lot of flares to RF. She's cutting herself off short through the zone. She needs to do some extension drills.
Extension is pre determined by the launch sequence. Her launch sequence is not correct. Her hands push forward early, due to lack of maintaining scap load, which causes her to cut across and chicken wing. The energy in the bat is spent at the point of contact. Get more pull back, maintain it longer, and extension will occur.
Do this: Dry load/stride and freeze, focusing on pull back. After that’s good, dry load/stride freeze and begin to rotate slowly bringing back knee forward while focusing on still maintaining the pullback. This will get her more in sequence, the rear elbow will slot tight to the body, the barrel will be sent rearward getting on plane behind the ball, and extension will occur. Then do some slow motion load/stride freeze swings on tees focusing on keeping the upper body stretched. The do some slow motion load/stride regular swings on tees.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Couldn't disagree more. Some of you like to make things more difficult than they are. Extension is based on HOW MUCH YOU EXTEND YOUR ARMS. Period. It's that simple.
Only works if the bat path is straight, like down the line of the batters box. A good way to check is video from the back with the camera shoulder high and straight down the line

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802