Swing Feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
I am impressed. Can you see a difference in bat speed? How does she feel?

BigSkyHi

Jan 13, 2020
She should :cool:. Is she palm up and palm down at extension like the lady in the photo?

Attachments

• Hitter-4.jpg
    Hitter-4.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 12
Aug 20, 2017
Here are a few videos off the tee...

Thanks for the feedback!

She’s very strong and athletic. She’s got a solid swing. As I suspected, she is pushing the bat. She is out of sequence (upper body and lower body are firing together). She needs more pull back (scap load) with the upper body and needs to maintain it longer. We want the lower body to begin firing against a resisted upper body. That creates overlap and whip. The barrel will be sent rearwards initially. She needs to do some rock the u drills or other whip drills to allow her to feel the proper sequence. This is also why she is not getting good extension

BigSkyHi

Jan 13, 2020
She’s very strong and athletic. She’s got a solid swing. As I suspected, she is pushing the bat. She is out of sequence (upper body and lower body are firing together). She needs more pull back (scap load) with the upper body and needs to maintain it longer. We want the lower body to begin firing against a resisted upper body. That creates overlap and whip. The barrel will be sent rearwards initially. She needs to do some rock the u drills or other whip drills to allow her to feel the proper sequence. This is also why she is not getting good extension
I enjoy this one for showing sequence.

- Softball Swing Sequence

Feb 25, 2020
I think hands her hands being that high hurts her. If she brought them down in load it would ok. But she doesnt and ends up trying to do it in launch.

And yes she has a lot of great things. Didnt mean to leave that out.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The hands are really high (as Bonesaw mentioned) and front arm is really bent. I’ve only seen a few with the hands that high and they didn’t always have them really high. Edgar Martinez would sometimes have the hands really high. I’ll post a clip later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood