Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
TDS

Do you think TM doesn’t teach to swing down?

No !! He teaches to turn down from behind a corner , while the greats are swinging "down to".. Its why these guys can hit consistent line drives wherever they want.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
If you seriously think hitters greats past and present swing down to, then there is nothing to discuss.

Absolutely seriously greats past and present swing down to !!! I did the same thing when I played and never struggled although it was only DII.

6QMamp0.gif

Since Rich can't move into a fyb dynamic position without shifting his weight forward to his lead leg know one can (n)

If you are serious about watching video look at how Rich and Bonds move. Maybe then you will see the differences.

3wLHMQV.gif

0Me68ct.gif

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Well Cruz is chopping down across the body, getting ahead of the corner. While in his game swing he has a different path of the barrel entirely.
Question you need to ask yourself, is he leveraging body when he demonstrates down to? Also why do you assume he is not getting ahead of the corner in his game swing? Is there a corner? Harper must be failing because he sure gets ahead of the "Corner"

Oct 26, 2019
I am curious to see what pattern you guys @Shawn @TDS think my swings fall into. I apologize for the grainy footage but it was still VHS at the time. I think I am 21 in the video and just graduated college.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I am curious to see what pattern you guys @Shawn @TDS think my swings fall into. I apologize for the grainy footage but it was still VHS at the time. I think I am 21 in the video and just graduated college.

You appear to get into your legs for leverage before whipping the barrel.. The true tale is was it balanced. If so You should have had no problem sitting off-speed similar to Bonds.

Oct 26, 2019
You appear to get into your legs for leverage before whipping the barrel.. The true tale is was it balanced. If so You should have had no problem sitting off-speed similar to Bonds.
I had more trouble with hard and in than anything offspeed. I would say most of my home runs and extra base hits came on breaking balls. I was singularly focused on hitting line drives up the middle from an approach standpoint.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Question you need to ask yourself, is he leveraging body when he demonstrates down to? Also why do you assume he is not getting ahead of the corner in his game swing? Is there a corner? Harper must be failing because he sure gets ahead of the "Corner"

He’s maintaining the corner.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I had more trouble with hard and in than anything offspeed. I would say most of my home runs and extra base hits came on breaking balls. I was singularly focused on hitting line drives up the middle from an approach standpoint.

Did, you have that problem in a hitters count where you were able to cheat (start your movement earlier) for those pitches ?

My approach was the same middle of the field early in the count but would cheat in a hitters count.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying