Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Slowed down,

giphy.gif

Bonesaw

I don’t think it’s a TTB problem, I can see in this swing that my barrel is launched from a vertical position. The rear forearm stays a little too level with the ground as the swing is launched.

Feb 25, 2020
Bonesaw

I don’t think it’s a TTB problem, I can see in this swing that my barrel is launched from a vertical position. The rear forearm stays a little too level with the ground as the swing is launched.

Try it! This is a swing experiment afterall

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Why cant you try to do what chipper did? Straight down with a 0 dgree line drive?

I’ll swing down to up next time.

In the Chipper swing his hands drift upwards (lifted) above the shoulder and most notable the hands raise above the back elbow. He has no choice but to swing down. It’s not the ideal position to swing from because of the exaggerated swinging down.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Not his launch position he used in a game. You don’t want the hands above the back elbow and above the shoulders.

Very few break the geometry of the launch position. Chipper is bending the launch position out of place and resulting in having to swing down.

The only hitter I can currently think of with this launch position is Altuve.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Not his launch position he used in a game. You don’t want the hands above the back elbow and above the shoulders.

Very few break the geometry of the launch position. Chipper is bending the launch position out of place and resulting in having to swing down.

The only hitter I can currently think of with this launch position is Altuve.

Chipper is a good example of loading up to come down, swing down. 😜

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom