Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
One thing I’m trying to figure out is why my batspeed is 6-10 mph slower. Not sure if my sensor is working correctly. I can see how batspeed is lower because I’m not driving through the target. A change can be a good thing. I know I’m not driving the bat into the bag like before, not swinging hard. I reset the sensor and will see if it works correctly tomorrow.

One thing I noticed in older swings was more extension at contact, because I was farther away from the bag. Going to take a few swings in that manner to see what kind of readings I get.

Batspeed isn’t my only goal. Just want to know why it changed so much. If it’s just me not trying to over swing.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I get the sense that you could be pulling back over the rear hip more. Keep up the good work, Shawn!

EDIT: Your HPP could be tighter and closer to your rear shoulder.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal

Something I've been looking at a lot recently with Maddie...Look where Tatis' head is in relation to his rear hip when his front heel lands. I'm find that a lot of top hitters have their head directly above their rear hip at that point, and it works rearward from there to contact. I haven't done a close analysis of your swing, but it looks like you might be in front of the rear hip a bit at heel-down.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Do I need more top hand and rear elbow action like this clip.

Is this what Jaime Cevallos is talking about, without his poor display of the swing? It does look like it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414