Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
For what it's worth (absolutely nothing) I like this swing better.

I don’t think the coil is as good, nor do I think my back leg is pulling my swing through (hips aren’t leading)

I don’t see as much weight shift in the first swing and see too much in the second swing. I don’t like the slop in the lower body as I’m coiling, or the loading into the back leg instead of around. That includes the back foot skipping forward, slop.

Thanks

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I don't know where or when the force should be applied. But IMO, you need to be hitting a ball off a tee. (long tee when possible) Can't help but think you are limiting your swing potential hitting into the punching bag thing. I think you have to release/throw/whip the barrel. You have to subconsciously firm up your hand grip just prior to hitting the punching bag to avoid injury. Squeezing the bat prior to impact impedes the whipping/throwing of the barrel. Think about those gifs where the hitters right hand is off the handle. Also not being able to feel / see /experience your follow thru has to hurt your development. I think a punching bag can be used to check/ understand/ teach a good contact position but would limit it use to that.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I think I’ve had a break through which will help with coiling and the spirals from the bottom to the top.

I’m starting with some coil and then finishing it off.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Thoughts?

Yeah, yeah, I like the lowerbody. Back foot doesn’t skip forward (that much) Back leg/hip starts pre set and then just finish it off. I wasn’t trying to start with the back knee pinched, I like it though. It could be better.

Feb 25, 2020
Why is chipper doing that? Looks a little bonds drillish.

Also, I dont see any hand torque. IMO, Hand torque is for opening jars not swinging a bat!

Reactions: TDS
Feb 25, 2020
If you can’t see Chipper is TTB, then there is nothing left to say, so does Chipper TTB?

No I think he's swinging down trying to hit tee high line drives, how do you know he's TTB? Here is what he told Harold he was doing.🤗

The only reason the barrel "lays down" behind him a tiny bit(towards 3rd) is he has to move his hands out toward the plate to hit the ball which is low and outside If it was low and inside it wouldnt lay down hardly at all. IMO of course! Give it a try Shawn!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand