Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
giphy.gif

Do I need more top hand and rear elbow action like this clip.

Is this what Jaime Cevallos is talking about, without his poor display of the swing? It does look like it.

The first movement of his barrel is a different direction than yours.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The first movement of his barrel is a different direction than yours.

I’m getting more barrel movement toward the catcher, unlocking the top hand early toward the catcher.

He has a element of batter box to batters box movement. A bigger example of that movement is this Sosa swing.....

giphy.gif

I’m starting with the hands in front of the back
shoulder, like Busto. Then the elbow doesn’t lower enough, like I mentioned to me swinging down is lowering back elbow so it can support the hands. My first move of the barrel is back toward the catcher.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020
You're trying to do the wrong thing. Get your hands moving down hard and forward. Mostly Down.. All I want for Christmas is some video of tee swings of you doing this. Im gonna go sit on Santas lap Saturday.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
4B9F0F0F-DA8A-40CD-9D55-1FB86F8D0906.gifIt wasn’t the top hand, it was arm action and the top hand. Moving the hands back, lowering the barrel at the start, and trying keep the knob pointing toward the catchers feet seems to have helped. I now know what I want next time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi