Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Is this swinging down? Or is the swing just tilted?

Bonesaw

Can you see the Ferris wheel in this swing?

Feb 25, 2020
Bonesaw

Can you see the Ferris wheel in this swing?

I see a ferris wheel in this one at 51 seconds. The bat is ferris wheeling because he is moving his hands down and forward. Not because he is turning his hands a la the jar.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Everybody TTB to some degree, even George Brett a little. You can experiment with it. Try the Gary Sheffield move. It might work for some but not all. The swing isn't one size fits all. I don't see a ferris wheel. I see a tilt a whirl. At least I stayed in the Amusement Park.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Everybody TTB to some degree, even George Brett a little. You can experiment with it. Try the Gary Sheffield move. It might work for some but not all. The swing isn't one size fits all. I don't see a ferris wheel. I see a tilt a whirl. At least I stayed in the Amusement Park.

Yes, a tilt a whirl.😎

The Ferris wheel is meant to teach you hand
action.

Feb 25, 2020
Shawn i looked into the "ferris wheel" you referred to. Its nonsense. I think chipper is working on resisting the ferris wheel in all honesty. IMO you are practicing the exact opposite of them.

Reactions: TDS
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Shawn i looked into the "ferris wheel" you referred to. Its nonsense. I think chipper is working on resisting the ferris wheel in all honesty. IMO you are practicing the exact opposite of them.

I didn’t understand the Ferris wheel in the past either.

Feb 25, 2020
I didn’t understand the Ferris wheel in the past either.

Shawn. Please start hitting a ball. And maybe try what chipper, trout, bonds et al say. They are/were professional hitters. Just because 12 year olds cant do what they say doesnt mean its wrong. They know exactly what they are doing.

Reactions: TDS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28