Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Shawn, what was the feel/thought you were using.

And fanboi, definitely take some cuts. And video them. And post them. Haha. (At least the first 2! ) the video doesnt lie.

I will. But I trust that you will shown your swings as well to show me what I am doing wrong and how you do it correctly. I half to lay down the second half of 20 yards of mulch tomorrow so I may not get any swings recorded tomorrow, but soon.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I'm following Richard, TM , with the help of a couple members. Are you familiar with what he teaches? I thought I knew what he taught until my eyes were opened. I'm just scratching the surface.
Dont forget

Attachments

• 1587425567335.png
    1587425567335.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 11
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Thoughts on today's swing?

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I’m not 100% sure, but I took some swings with the cue to arch the lower back to initiate the swing. So it might be a combination of trying to coil and then letting the back leg work, and the arch to initiate the swing. I need to redo the swing and do a better job of creating sessions and cues used. Keep the sessions and swing cues separated.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
In the clip, if you can toggle the swing frame by frame the batspeed can be read anywhere in the sequence. For example, the batspeed is at 23.5 with the hinge angle still maintained early in the sequence.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
IMO it looks like you have some drag..... the elbow slots then a yank to bring it forward..... so maybe just to handsy or lacks connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thoughts on today's swing?

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I love that you're swinging, feeling, and experimenting. Props to you.

The first impression I get is that you aren't getting into your scap enough, and the HPP could tighten up a lot. This might be partially affected by how far out front your contact point is.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I love that you're swinging, feeling, and experimenting. Props to you.

The first impression I get is that you aren't getting into your scap enough, and the HPP could tighten up a lot. This might be partially affected by how far out front your contact point is.

I plan on working on the scap. I took some swings the other day while trying to engage the scap/back. My back/scap was sore the next day. Upper back was sore, my lower back was sore when I first took some swings. I’m going to do some scap exercises to make them more functional and create better awareness. I wasn’t engaging the scap correctly.

I need to work on HPP. There is to much push the hands forward or to much unloading.

Need to never stop loading creating a better stretch between the back leg and scap/upper body.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
IMO it looks like you have some drag..... the elbow slots then a yank to bring it forward..... so maybe just to handsy or lacks connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to get the hands back farther and get the knob pointing at the catchers feet.

I think there’s a connection issue, the spring and stretch isn’t being maintained.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi