Swing experiment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2020
Shawn, another way to think of it is the handle of the slingshot is the rear leg. Stretch behind the handle. Sudden barrel turn (and by sudden I mean more sudden than most will ever know. It takes practice and your forearms will hate you) releases the slingshot. The handle (leg) will snap/turn forward once the resistance against the leg is gone. You are not trying to rotate your spine. The feeling is very direct and towards the opposite field which happens to be inline with the stretch behind leg. But the rear leg will turn the turning barrel into the ball. Believing the front side is the handle will never allow you to drive the ball oppo field bc you have to rotate and/or push your barrel to the ball.

Understanding the feeling in this clip may change your mind more than my words

pmLLfZ9Zg

Could you post the single best explanation by TM(I think this is where this is all from if Im not mistaken) of how this works please? Ive seen a few, but Im not up to date with the specifics.

I like the idea and think it helps a lot of hitters. But for some different reasons maybe.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I don't like this swing. I'm standing up again during the swing. I had a problem with the video syncing to the sensor and this was the only swing it saved correctly.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
There is a clear distinction between Rendon’s sequence. I on the other hand have everything happening at once, meaning I’m moving back, moving forward and initiating the swing all at the same time.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I don't like this swing. I'm standing up again during the swing. I had a problem with the video syncing to the sensor and this was the only swing it saved correctly.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Shawn do you see Rendons hands being pulled "down to" vs yours ?

9KfBJzE.gif

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

9KfBJzE.gif

I’m swinging to high, compared to Rendon’s swing on a lower contact point. I also think there is some pushing in my swing compared to Rendon who is setting up a better rotational point of the hands.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal

9KfBJzE.gif
This is the result of 'humping the goat' or early hip extension. Stay in your posture. Your stance is a little too wide which is contributing to standing up early. Notice Rendon extends his hips without getting taller. So glad this guy is an Angel now. If we could only start the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1