Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
In your mind, is that much different than what Aaron did? Serious question...

UrOipjq.gif

Yes, Sano is actively turning the barrel using hands and arms while Hank is un-tipping (floating the barrel) to then swing "down to". Sano is trying to hit it deep while Hank is trying to hit it out front.

QCd9bn3.gif

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yes, Sano is actively turning the barrel using hands and arms while Hank is un-tipping (floating the barrel) to then swing "down to". Sano is trying to hit it deep while Hank is trying to hit it out front.

QCd9bn3.gif

Please define "out front". For example, when you have a student working on tee drills, where do you want the tee placed in respect to their front foot? When I do drills, I want the tee roughly even with my front foot. Do you want it further away than that? Just trying to understand the difference between "deep" and "out front" by your definition.

Note: placement of the tee will depend on what I am working on. But if my focus is simply hitting the ball up the middle, I will align the tee with my front foot. Deeper on outside pitch placement.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Please define "out front". For example, when you have a student working on tee drills, where do you want the tee placed in respect to their front foot? When I do drills, I want the tee roughly even with my front foot. Do you want it further away than that? Just trying to understand the difference between "deep" and "out front" by your definition.

Note: placement of the tee will depend on what I am working on. But if my focus is simply hitting the ball up the middle, I will align the tee with my front foot. Deeper on outside pitch placement.

Out front where they can attempt to see the bat hit the top of the ball (pepper is a good drill for this). The Bonds drill would be good as well.

Dec 12, 2020

QCd9bn3.gif

Is un-tipping still an active conscious movement to TTB? Also, when you say Sano is wanting to hit it deep, do you mean behind his front foot? Can (or should) "let it get get deep" and "hit it out front" mean the same thing, just more about control of how and when your weight is distributed? Hope these questions make sense, just trying to get an understanding, I hear these terms a lot.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Out front where they can attempt to see the bat hit the top of the ball (pepper is a good drill for this). The Bonds drill would be good as well.

Sorry, still having trouble visualizing what you mean by out front. I am familiar with pepper and the bonds drill.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Is un-tipping still an active conscious movement to TTB?

NO.

Also, when you say Sano is wanting to hit it deep, do you mean behind his front foot?

Trying to get the barrel behind the ball deep.

Can (or should) "let it get get deep" and "hit it out front" mean the same thing, just more about control of how and when your weight is distributed? Hope these questions make sense, just trying to get an understanding, I hear these terms a lot.

Hitters are getting leveraged (beating the pitcher to their position of leverage) then attempt to hit the top of the ball out front.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Sano's up front hand/arm actions set him up for dumping the barrel behind him.

g5Yc3sV.gif

2AkuNEZ.gif

8cuVuk9.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06