Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 3, 2021
Not factual. A 95 mph 4SFB pitch angle is abt 4 deg, and a 60 mph fastpitch fastball comes in around 4 deg.

Most 'riseballs' are out of the strike zone, and the hitter should not change their swing, they should not swing at all.

Four degrees off and you will never barrel a ball. Depending where it’s measured and you may not even be close to making contact. It isn’t horseshoes. My backyard batting cage has a tutor sports triple play ultra. Short cage at 50 foot. I can crank that thing up to 90 and make contact. Barely. But my super soft ball Juggs machine at 70 blows me away every time. Much rather hit the prior. Constantly under the ball on the bigger ball slower softball machine.

Now let’s talk about breaking balls.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021
Do you watch people like Mike Trout, Barry bonds, Giancarlo Stanton. Etc and think you’ve figured it out for young girls playing softball? God bless your hearts and I love what you’re trying to do and the time you put in. Seriously.

But you cannot have a young girl who struggles to do 50 squats with zero weight can’t do more than 10 push-ups and expect her to replicate a complicated very potent swing. These guys do 20 reps on the bench press of 315 and free squat 415 20 times. often much more. When you have the proper strength and conditioning your body responds much differently to a more complicated approach and swing then a young girl trying to learn how to hit. Or even a girl getting into high school or 16u travel. Join a competitive 18 open would bet Sunday league were D1 college players minor-league players and just released players play. Test your swing and report back. I promise you will want to simplify things.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Down in back and then up through, HR to LC. Barrel bottoms out within the body, back hip/belly button.

If you can’t see it in this swing, there is no hope for you. lol 🤪

0710A36C-A995-415B-BD28-46B68DB6E0BC.gifD717809F-FDB8-4C79-BAC8-E91003C6A106.gif

Jun 3, 2021
If you mean in the pitching forum that is me. Don't post anywhere other than this site. Since this is all getting personal here is my latest DD's Swing.

You hear the guy say let's go Mia, that was his daughter pitching, he sent me the video and was a cool opposing players father. Nice guy, thanks for the vid. This is Emma's swing

(2) Emma HR 03/13/2021 - YouTube

Thats awesome! Hit bombs girl!!!

My DD today. Just turned twelve. She is a good listener and I tell her to close her eyes and swing hard because she just might hit something.

I only charge $100 an hour. LOL.
next week I teach fake it until you make it.

Trying to add some humor while also making everybody think about who we really are teaching. You cannot teach a child how to hit like a major leaguer with consistency because their body is not strong enough. Every once in a while they will run into a ball and you will feel so great and thump your chest. But in reality it’s a process. The swings or some thing you build out to. Not all at once but in small increments.

And all you dads, me included, that think we have the baddest swing on earth will be humbled hitting off competitive live pitching. If you think you have your swing figured out it tells me you did not play much high-level baseball.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
289note

That’s cop out. I remember Bench talking about catching with one hand because of his strength allowed him to do it. Yet a 10u girl catcher can do the same.

It doesn’t take strength to learn how to swing well or to learn the HLP.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Thats awesome! Hit bombs girl!!!

My DD today. Just turned twelve. She is a good listener and I tell her to close her eyes and swing hard because she just might hit something.

I only charge $100 an hour. LOL.
next week I teach fake it until you make it.

Trying to add some humor while also making everybody think about who we really are teaching. You cannot teach a child how to hit like a major leaguer with consistency because their body is not strong enough. Every once in a while they will run into a ball and you will feel so great and thump your chest. But in reality it’s a process. The swings or some thing you build out to. Not all at once but in small increments.

And all you dads, me included, that think we have the baddest swing on earth will be humbled hitting off competitive live pitching. If you think you have your swing figured out it tells me you did not play much high-level baseball.

She definitely isn’t swinging down! Nice.

Jun 3, 2021
289note

That’s cop out. I remember Bench talking about catching with one hand because of his strength allowed him to do it. Yet a 10u girl catcher can do the same.

It doesn’t take strength to learn how to swing well or to learn the HLP.

I disagree completely. I know how I hit before putting on 25 pounds of muscle and how I hit afterwards. And I know how plenty of players who made the minor leagues and the show hit before steroids and how they had after. Be real man!

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I disagree completely. I know how I hit before putting on 25 pounds of muscle and how I hit afterwards. And I know how plenty of players who made the minor leagues and the show hit before steroids and how they had after. Be real man!

Stick to your close your eyes and swing hard in case you hit it.

That all you know about hitting.

Jun 3, 2021
She definitely isn’t swinging down! Nice.
Thank you. But I can show just as many at bats how is she completely tops a ball to different degrees and gets always with it or looks foolish. She will March righ up and agree to that. Like I keep saying there is a different way to teach different hitters. That swing is after working with her heavily on top hand in coming down on the ball.

Too many people who never played take it way too literally. It is an exercise to get you level through the ball. Some girls are front foot hitters and chop naturally. Some girls sit and spin off the back foot. Other girls should just be handed a guitar. LOL. There is no one way to teach.To think there is is pure arrogance and if you’ve ever played you know you were constantly adjusting your swing. You found it this month and lost it the next. Part of the game

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC