Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
The drills like Canseco's are why 99% of kids have bad swings. Total quackery. Bat drag, pushing, extended arms, no hip turn, etc.

They should all be sued for malpractice.

May 11, 2014
You don’t see that swing anymore, flat and the lead arm moving down and low. He was unique and not the norm in today’s hitters.
Yep, more strikeouts than hits, lowest batting avg since the 60's, some of the lowest hits per game ever.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yep, more strikeouts than hits, lowest batting avg since the 60's, some of the lowest hits per game ever.

Yes, I’m tired on the .220 and 20 hr hitters as well.

Michele Smith has said a lot of things, but she did say that Wade Boggs was the toughest ML’er she faced because of his level swing.

Where are the Carew’s, Bogg’s and Gwynn hitters today? Only in fastpitch do we have such hitters.🤔

May 12, 2016
My golden rule: If your practice swing doesn't look like your (high level) game swing, you don't understand your game swing.
My golden rule, if your warm up/practice swing looks like your game swing, you are trying too hard in your practice swing :)

May 12, 2016
Yes, I’m tired on the .220 and 20 hr hitters as well.

Michele Smith has said a lot of things, but she did say that Wade Boggs was the toughest ML’er she faced because of his level swing.

Where are the Carew’s, Bogg’s and Gwynn hitters today? Only in fastpitch do we have such hitters.🤔
It's only been a short half season, but Vladdy is currently modeling some of these older players with power. Vladdy consistently claims he's not a HR hitter and he's just trying to hit the ball hard. I was taking a look at this site(https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/lead...021&position=&team=&min=q&sort=3&sortDir=desc) regarding exit velocity and his stats back that up. He sits 110th in launch angle, yet he has 28 HRs(2nd overall) and 1st in BA. I know it's not listed on this site, but he has the most hit balls over 110MPH this season. He's hitting the ball hard and on a line.

As a matter of fact, Bichette, Vladdy, and Hernandez all have low launch angles and are hitting with power and BA
1625852637237.png
1625852718054.png

Like I said, it's only been half a season....

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's only been a short half season, but Vladdy is currently modeling some of these older players with power. Vladdy consistently claims he's not a HR hitter and he's just trying to hit the ball hard. I was taking a look at this site(https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/lead...021&position=&team=&min=q&sort=3&sortDir=desc) regarding exit velocity and his stats back that up. He sits 110th in launch angle, yet he has 28 HRs(2nd overall) and 1st in BA. I know it's not listed on this site, but he has the most hit balls over 110MPH this season. He's hitting the ball hard and on a line.

As a matter of fact, Bichette, Vladdy, and Hernandez all have low launch angles and are hitting with power and BA
View attachment 22896
View attachment 22897

Like I said, it's only been half a season....

Some people are getting carried away with extreme launch angles. I have stated before that I am a fan of the Ted Williams "slightly up" approach. Vladdy's LA of 8.2% is slightly up, in my opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG