Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
If your kid can consistently drive, in BP, an inside pitch to LC (for a RH) and an outside pitch to RC, then (IMO) they are doing a lot of things correctly and are 3/4 of the way there. Watch MLB'ers take BP...

Along with choosing whatever drills you think will help (or none....), sometimes we need to pay closer attention to ball flight when we are taking BP...I know I haven't done a great job in the past (hey way to hook that inside pitch over 3B in BP.. :cautious: ) A bit harder in the cage but still doable.

Not exactly on topic I guess but I figured I would just throw that out there..lol.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not sure if this is directed at me, i dont care about what camp people are in, just that i understand the definitions and what we are looking at. PUsh and drag have been discussed alot but i dont think anyone has been clear on it. And e is showing a photo that i dont agree with and i explained why, so just trying to understand.

Nope. Wasn't directed at you at all. I appreciate the discussions about the actual movements. Your discussion with @efastball is interesting. There are others that would rather participate in camp warfare. I'm not interested in that at all.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
So, you are advocating for her 60 degree hand/arm placement?
Not advocating anything, just saying that vertical is straight up and down, and she is not straight up and down, so she is not vertical. Also why i stated she didn't have bat drag. I am not looking at the elbow in relation to the ball, i am looking at the elbow in relation to the vertical plane between the hands and the shoulder. I only consider it drag if the the elbow breaks that plane. imo. Which is why i am curious how to not create a pushy swing when Swinging down to the ball.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207