Suggestions on a good hitting aid.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 31, 2009
The Ultimate Hitting Machine is a good aid for young kids to use to get a lot of batting practice in. You can hit into a net in the garage or back yard, or use it at practice as one of the hitting stations.....(after tee work and before live pitching) Some coaches like to adjust for a higher ball toss so younger kids will wait and hit the ball as it starts back down. This helps younger kids to develop hand-eye corridination, timing, and to not lung. Some coaches like to adjust the machine for a shorter ball toss height, so kids will have to swing quicker before ball starts back down (especially for girls fast pitch). This helps develop bat speed, etc. With this machine, kids can focus on hitting a moving ball, which helps improve their hitting when moving on to live pitching. Kids really enjoy using this machine and they can use it by them self. (very user friendly)
Best price found on the internet for this machine is here. Beebe Sports Inc.

Oct 22, 2010
2 things we use

I bought a thing called the chuck it at a pet store.it's basically a small handle with a cup on the end for a tennis ball and you can use it in a limited area.it's around 7 or 8 bucks and if you do it right the ball will release straight in front of you.
we also use the wii sports video game on batting practice mode and it helps get timing and fundamentals down when you are @ home and away from the cages.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The Jugs Soft Toss. I got it for $140.00 on ebay and I called Jugs and they sent me the booklet, for it. It will hold 10 softballs, I think and the battery is long lasting, no need for power at the field.

I have tried everything on the market, I think. I have an early model snap back tee and it is so heavy and so loud, that I haven't used it in years. I have Sklz, QuickSwing, too. It is another thing that is just taking up space.

So, I suggest the Soft Toss. You can easily re-sell it.

Jul 26, 2010
Amy, do you have success with the soft toss? I have one as well and could never get the damned thing to work right. It always double-feeds balls and when you slow it down, it feeds way too slow. I always end up frustrated and just toss the things myself. I've tried softies, regular softballs, baseball machine balls, softball machine balls. . . Maybe mine is a dud?

-W

Feb 13, 2010
North Louisiana
You might look at Total Control Sports practice balls (google 'em). These are used quite a bit as a pre-game warm-up down here in the Deep South and you can use them in a very limited space. We like them a lot and really helps you learn to drive through the ball.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
One of the first hitting aids we got(after an instructor) was the swing away. Yes, it does take up some space, but is very durable and dd can use it without any help.
It basicly works like an extremely versatile tee. You can position the ball to simulate high and low pitches and reposition the plate(which ours came with a mat I don't really care for) to simulate inside or outside pitches. The greatest part is no picking up balls. And we can easily switch out the softball for a baseball for ds.
During season we had dd take a minimum of 50 swings every day and with the bungees she could do this rather quickly.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
IMO, the absolute best hitting aid is a hitting coach. Second is a plain basic $20 tee to hit balls off of for practice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1