Stop Squishing the Bug

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
Yes. uptick drill is working on turning the barrel quickly rearward, sending the bat into the arc behind the hitter.
Translating forum talk: Tewks has said there is more to it then that, that just the uptick drill leaves something out. TM has said basically prove it. IMO it isn't anything us observers, parents, coaches, etc should concern themselves with at this time. UNLESS, Tewks, your ebook is on bat drag, then you better tighten up your laces. ;)

Red, please realize that I left HI by choice. Why would I care about proving myself to somebody whose information I feel is incomplete? This stopped being about HI and TM a long time ago.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Personally, I don't know how many members here are interested in some p--ing contest with TM. Bobby came on to this site and others and asked questions while trying to help others. I would think that there are a lot of posters here who would agree with that. I think that, like a lot of other former members, he simply disagreed with TM and moved on. There are some pretty good people in that group who have had much success in coaching. I'm looking forward to seeing what is in the ebook and wish Bobby good luck completing it.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Red, please realize that I left HI by choice. Why would I care about proving myself to somebody whose information I feel is incomplete? This stopped being about HI and TM a long time ago.

Kind of what I was trying to convey, or at least that it shouldn't be anyone else's concern.

(added later): I am just interested when anyone, no matter who they are, or where they have been sees something that interests them in the swing.

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Personally, I don't know how many members here are interested in some p--ing contest with TM. Bobby came on to this site and others and asked questions while trying to help others. I would think that there are a lot of posters here who would agree with that. I think that, like a lot of other former members, he simply disagreed with TM and moved on. There are some pretty good people in that group who have had much success in coaching. I'm looking forward to seeing what is in the ebook and wish Bobby good luck completing it.

I agree fully.

Jan 13, 2012
Great, let's move on and start actually helping hitters get better!!

The past is the past. The most important thing is how you help hitters in the present.

I look back at things I wrote a year or two ago and am aghast at how little I actually knew, compared with how much I thought I knew. Once you start swinging to duplicate, you start learning things. That's how I started really learning about the swing.

I still have trouble getting the scap clamp. When I get it, it's like I'm not swinging. When I don't (which is most of the time), I push.

stv

May 12, 2010
Thanks to all you guys and gals who help us
Back to the Bug squishing. I've been playing around with making sure the knee is inside the foot for maximum drive from the leg. Ala Pujols.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
I am an infant as far as SNF and beyond. I am intrigued by what I am learning now that my eyes have been opened. Swinging the bat is definitely helping me understand what I'm reading on the forums. In my latest revelations I have learned more about the power of the hip coil/scap load relationship combined with turning the bat. When I swing using that process I don't feel like i'm swinging anymore. It's something else, it's something that is high levelesque that doesn't fit the description of SWING any longer. Maybe finding an apt name for what is really happening in the HL at bat will help clarify a difference between that which is learned in T-Ball on up(improperly) and the true mechanics of a great hitter. What would be a good name for it?
I personally would like to have TEWKS new Ebook loaded into my brain via the matrix mainframe. Just plug me in and a few batted eyelids later... I'm NEO hitting a ball into outspace.

Feb 7, 2013
Understood. So the translation to the OP is “read my ebook when it is available”.

Unless you are missing a few keys from your keyboard, there is nothing standing in your way of answering the OP's question in a form and manner of your choosing. I haven't seen that yet, but maybe I missed it. He'll then be able to compare and contrast among the several posters and decide what direction is best for him.

Feb 3, 2013
Let’s hope the ebook is more concise. It shouldn’t take nine pages to simply state “read my ebook when it is available”.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06