still much work to do

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Her explosiveness is really nice, stick. As TDS mentioned, she uses her back really well - better than most her age.

One thing that jumps out at me in these clips is her rear foot and rear knee. I would prefer to see her rear foot pointed straight ahead (towards the opposite batters box), or even slightly toed-in (towards the pitcher), and not let her knee get outside her foot. Keeping the knee inside the rear foot as she coils will help focus the coil tighter in her rear hip.

May 22, 2012
Eric, thanks for the feedback. I have noticed this in the past, it is her "natural" set up. It is something I thought about addressing but never thought of it as a detriment. I have seen a similar set up in some model swings, most recently I noticed Bustos in the famous team USA gif has her back foot the same way? So You think altering this would add additional burst to the swing?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric, thanks for the feedback. I have noticed this in the past, it is her "natural" set up. It is something I thought about addressing but never thought of it as a detriment. I have seen a similar set up in some model swings, most recently I noticed Bustos in the famous team USA gif has her back foot the same way? So You think altering this would add additional burst to the swing?

Correct foot and knee position will promote a proper coil in the rear hip and upper thigh, which is part of the equation in building a great swing.

Although I don't think there is enough focus on coiling around the rear hip in this segment, but there is some good stuff on rear knee position...

May 22, 2012
thought I'd update this thread as we get ready for Spring if it ever comes. Hoping to get outdoors in the next several weeks.
Any thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321