SRV4B with NEW USSSA Stamp - ??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 26, 2013
South Florida
I have a few of these that I picked up locally at a sprotng goods store.

A few people are telling me they are possibly fakes, and or that we will still be illegal since they werent produced in 2012.

What say the Fastpitch experts.?

Im also awaiting a responce from Easton since the only reason I bought them was because they had the stamp and could be used come January for our USSSA travel team.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
At first some manufacturers were allowing unwrapped bats to be sent in and stamped. So it is possible...if it has a stamp, I wouldn't worry about it.
We are at about 100 utrip tourneys. I have never seen a ump inspect a bat...ever. As opposed to some ASA umpires that I swear are going to lick the bats to see if they taste like they can throw them out.

Dec 25, 2010
At first some manufacturers were allowing unwrapped bats to be sent in and stamped. So it is possible...if it has a stamp, I wouldn't worry about it.
We are at about 100 utrip tourneys. I have never seen a ump inspect a bat...ever. As opposed to some ASA umpires that I swear are going to lick the bats to see if they taste like they can throw them out.

4th year of ASA and have never had a bat looked at once

Jan 7, 2013
They're checking bats and helmets before each game down here at the USFA WS. Don't think they're checking for the USSA stamp though.

May 26, 2013
South Florida
Yeah, but come January 2014 the USSSA bat check will be the simplest of all. It either has it, or it doesnt.

Clueless parents will be ANGRY.......Im looking forward to it...;)

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
They're checking bats and helmets before each game down here at the USFA WS. Don't think they're checking for the USSA stamp though.
Last year in PCB at Frank Brown Park I walked by an open closet in the concession area that an umpire was exiting. There were three 55 gallon trash cans full of confiscated bats! The bats had owner info on tags so they could be returned according to the umpire. Most all were SCN4B's and SCN6B's!

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
We've had at least 6 bats total per season, and at least one helmet every other ASA tourney get tossed. Bats had chips, cracks in paint, rattle, lose grip.... Helmets...if they had a mm of play in the face guard they have been tossed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32