Squash the bug

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

PDM

Jun 18, 2019
NJ
A factor in the equation is a misunderstanding of how the rear leg is supposed to work. For a RH hitter, the rotational pressure at the rear foot is not rotate counter-clockwise, it's clockwise. They should feel pressure of their little toe against the outside of their shoe. Rotating the rear leg counter-clockwise puts the pivot point for pelvis rotation in the front hip socket. Clockwise rotation puts the pivot point in the rear hip, which is where it should be.
I don't know about that. Just to pick one, this guy doesn't seem to be following your advice. He was a decent hitter in his day.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I don't know about that. Just to pick one, this guy doesn't seem to be following your advice. He was a decent hitter in his day.

He is doing what I describe. In the first swing, the moment before his rear heel lifts off the ground, you can see a slight movement of the heel indicating CCW rotational forces (correct for a LH hitter).

Jun 8, 2016
[

agreed. I see him load in the s-plane closed off at the start.
He “cocks his hips as he moves out” his words..... In the 1st swing it isn‘t much (but it is there) but that will load the leg and make the foot react like Eric mentioned.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
He “cocks his hips as he moves out” his words. .... In the 1st swing it isn‘t much (but it is there) but that will load the leg and make the foot react like Eric mentioned.

Tee spoke of the front hip when going into detail about ‘cocking’ the hips. the back foot can do that bc of other forces as well. What I don’t see is a counter clockwise rotation or pressure etc etc. he pushes his butt back. No coil. To get the foot to act like he says there has to be inward pressure... Don’t see any. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jun 8, 2016
Tee spoke of the front hip when going into detail about ‘cocking’ the hips.
Right..you don’t think cocking the front hip will result in any ccw rotation of the back leg, in particular when the front foot is off the ground?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Right..you don’t think cocking the front hip will result in any ccw rotation of the back leg, in particular when the front foot is off the ground?

in this particular clip he doesn’t cock his hips. And the foot still acts the same way. That’s the tell that that’s not what’s making the foot act the way it does.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The presssire in the rear foot and leg is ‘the move’. SITD. It’s a good band aid imo. But it’s incomplete.
Loading in the transverse plane and trying to maintain that leads to muscling up and spinning and unbalanced actions.

Jun 8, 2016
The presssire in the rear foot and leg is ‘the move’. SITD. It’s a good band aid imo. But it’s incomplete.
Loading in the transverse plane and trying to maintain that leads to muscling up and spinning and unbalanced actions.
So either you don’t like Ted’s “cock the front hip” or you don’t think that loads the back leg...Which one is it 😁

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying