Sports that require hotels?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Brag, 10u niece won big swimming event. Brother, wife and family traveled a long way to get her there. It is not just SB.

(Her races are on ytube. :))

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
As usual I don't follow instructions, but I would like to make this point. DD's college's Chess team has a bigger budget than the softball team and they are Internationally recognized. Also the Esports team travels, wins $$$ and offers college scholarships meanwhile the softball team offers no money! We picked the wrong activity!

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
What other youth sports require hotel stays as much as softball / baseball ? I know for softball a lot of it depends on the location tournaments and Class of team.
Because the start time of games is so random, softball teams need to stay relatively close to the field. There tends to be a concentration of teams at a few hotels close to the softball fields.

With basketball, the start times are rarely even a few minutes off. So, the TD publishes a list of start times, and the teams stay all over the place.

Jan 24, 2020
DS played AAU Basketball in SoCal and nearby states. He never played in a stay to play tournament. Usually there are so many teams at the major basketball tournaments that the logistics of hotel contracts would overwhelm the most organized of the TDs, instead they just charge outrageous door fees of all family members that show up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06