Southern Hospitality

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2012
I mentioned in another thread the our TB squad was in Atlanta this past weekend. We played in the USSSA 16A and 18A Southern Showcase in McDonough, GA.....while we played great (going 4-1 in the power pool division), the way were treated all weekend, by everyone including the National USSSA Directors, who were on hand, was the highlight of the trip.

All I can say is we were treated wonderfully all weekend by the USSSA and the host club (Atlanta Vipers), as well as all the other Atlanta area teams....and especially all the people in the area resturants and stores....we have traveled too many far away cities to play and this was the best treatment by far. Being from the mid-west, there really is something to the phrase "southern hospitality"....I guess I never really paid much attention to it before.....but kudos to McDonough and Hamption, GA and the fine folks down there....would go back in a heartbeat.....

Oct 19, 2009
DD and I live north of Atlanta and she played in the Atlanta area a lot and always enjoyed the tournaments and hospitality.

I was in a partnership with a friend in McDonough, GA with some cattle; he started the first baseball program and built the the first fields in the area. The fields after named after him.

He has passed away and he was a great guy who has been missed, I attended his funeral and the church was filled with his former players.

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Atlanta and I hope y'all will come back! McDonough has done a great job hosting tournaments and we play there 3-4 times a year. The only downside for us, living on the North side of Atlanta, is that the commute is long enough that most people stay in hotels. Getting there through Atlanta rush hour traffic for a Friday night game is also an adventure!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors