Sore Losers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
It's annoying, but just worry about your own team. That in and of itself is hard enough.

Yes - the only time this type of stuff really matters is if they report that (incorrect) score to the convenor of the tournament. Had that happen twice with the same team last weekend. I don't think it was malicious and didn't affect the outcome - I just think their scorekeeper is counting runs crossing the plate on 3rd out.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2016
Someone I had talked to said it's because the coach is trying to avoid a call from the head of the organization asking how they could have lost to some team they never heard of. I just find it funny that someone would go out of their way to make it look like they didnt lose. At this point it's more about the coaches ego than teaching and helping the girls develop.

I am not extremely worried about it and the only reason I looked at their gamechanger was to see the score of the next game they played.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Feb 3, 2011
So we were at a big tournament over the weekend with teams from 5 or so different states. We played a well known team with a reputation of being very elite. Our team is a newer organization, not so well know outside of our general area.

So we played a very good game and our pitcher was keeping the opposing team on their toes with a killer change up. You could tell these girls were frustrated and their coaches were equally so.

The game ended up being called due to rain in the bottom of the 4th inning, we were home team and winning 2-1. There was probably 20 minutes left on the clock, but in most tournaments we play 4 innings is as much as we usually play.

So I went on to the losing teams gamechanger and they changed the score manually to show a 2-2 tie.

What is the purpose of this? Were they embarrassed to lose to us? How egotistical that they can't accept defeat as a coach. I realize that the game may or may not have been different if we finished but we didn't and they lost.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
10u? In 3 years, you're going to look back at this post and wonder why you cared. That is all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles