Sore Losers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2016
So we were at a big tournament over the weekend with teams from 5 or so different states. We played a well known team with a reputation of being very elite. Our team is a newer organization, not so well know outside of our general area.

So we played a very good game and our pitcher was keeping the opposing team on their toes with a killer change up. You could tell these girls were frustrated and their coaches were equally so.

The game ended up being called due to rain in the bottom of the 4th inning, we were home team and winning 2-1. There was probably 20 minutes left on the clock, but in most tournaments we play 4 innings is as much as we usually play.

So I went on to the losing teams gamechanger and they changed the score manually to show a 2-2 tie.

What is the purpose of this? Were they embarrassed to lose to us? How egotistical that they can't accept defeat as a coach. I realize that the game may or may not have been different if we finished but we didn't and they lost.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Was this in Wenatchee, Washington by chance?

We were rained out after two innings this weekend. We were winning 10-3, the other team conceded to get out of the rain, but the tournament officials recorded the game as a 2-2 tie. Perhaps they changed their GC score to a 2-2 tie as well. I don't think it matters.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478