Softball Swing vs. Baseball Swing - 2

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Tom

What I see in the swing is this guy is over rotated , shoulders around the corner, or what ever you want to call it.

He only has one way to swing which is out. That is what caused the circular swing.

If he was more parallel with the plate with the shoulders, he could make a better swing and get on plane with the ball better.

Swing to the ball and through the ball verses around it.

Straightleg

Jul 14, 2008

Here are some direct quotes from the Video offered............:

3:59 said:
......And what you're going see is, the shoulders initiating the swing............

5:31 said:
......John again used good shoulder rotation to pull the bat around to the frame before contact..........

6:35 said:
.....rather, as the shoulders continue to rotate throughout the swing.......good linkage with the lead arm causes the bat to maintain the circular path........

Thanks for the references Tom..........:)

Didn't hear much at all about tilt........

Jul 14, 2008
Hey Tom, thought you might like to know that one of my good friends just lowered his HC to 2 after subcribing to the stack and tilt system........

Now he's giving me 2 strokes!

Jul 17, 2008
Troy, Illinois
Hey Tom, thought you might like to know that one of my good friends just lowered his HC to 2 after subcribing to the stack and tilt system........

Now he's giving me 2 strokes!

OK, so I'm terrible but just played one of the nicest courses I'll ever play. Private and invited. As we went along, $$$ started changing from his hand to mine. Now, green total surronded by water with small land bridge on far side. Lake setting for the entire course. Double or nothing on landing on that postage stamp. 158 today. Gosh I love a nice little 8 iron in. "Show ME the MONEY!

BM, nice work on the quotes from the video.

Jul 14, 2008
OK, so I'm terrible but just played one of the nicest courses I'll ever play. Private and invited. As we went along, $$$ started changing from his hand to mine. Now, green total surronded by water with small land bridge on far side. Lake setting for the entire course. Double or nothing on landing on that postage stamp. 158 today. Gosh I love a nice little 8 iron in. "Show ME the MONEY!

BM, nice work on the quotes from the video.

I wanna go back here:

2chw4yc.jpg

May 7, 2008
San Rafael, Ca
Boardmember -

Great news about your friend beating you (not counting the handicap) !

Stack and tilt is a very good hybrid swing, more like single plane with emphasis on controlling the bottom of the swing as opposed to the realation of plane steepness/clubface closing synch.

Good stack and tilt dvd's are just out and getting good reviews.

Another cool thing for swing feel is the GYROCLUB/GYROSWING, have you tried that yet ?

To get back to the walnut thinggy, the key to being able to get to the position to do that is the upper body resistance either by arm swing (2-plane golf or windmill or handle tilt/shoulder torque controlled by arm action like overhand sidearm throw).

The golf arm swing is too long for MLB hitting, so you shorten up with a number of adjustments, including uding the scap tilt sort of like "mini-arms".

Further details comparing MLB to 2 plane golf upon request.

Jul 14, 2008
Boardmember -

Great news about your friend beating you (not counting the handicap) !

Ya well I kicked his rear yesterday. Shot 70 from the tips.

Another cool thing for swing feel is the GYROCLUB/GYROSWING, have you tried that yet ?

No I haven't, but I will soon as golf mart demo's one. I saw the proto-type on the golf channel's "For Inventors Only".........

The guys there who tried were raving about the feel............

Like the medicus dual hinge, (triple waste of time), IF they come up with a "hittable version" of the gyro, it should really take off..........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06