Softball Hitting Drill - Mounting a Tire

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Mark tried, but it comes up video no longer available. Mike I watched a kid hit a deflated volleyball and it came back and hit her bat into her face. I guess it depends on where you hit it, but not everyone is smart enough to hit into a net.

Aug 2, 2008
Mark, that is a valuable skill. We will start working on that right away, my daughter can be a great hitter and a great basketball player. I can see the scholorships now.

SB, There are inherent risks with anything. My new concern is what benifit is there to hitting a weighted object. I would rather they focus those cuts on a softball. I still will use the heavy bag on occasion to check form at contact, its like a poor mans version of slow motion video.

Mike

May 12, 2008
Mark tried, but it comes up video no longer available. Mike I watched a kid hit a deflated volleyball and it came back and hit her bat into her face. I guess it depends on where you hit it, but not everyone is smart enough to hit into a net.

Well it's a lot more fun to watch it but a kid with a bat hit a basketball bounced to him through the basketball net maybe almost half court away. I thought it was a humorous addition to the discussion. Still comes up for me. Check your settings or try it at home. Well...maybe not. Wasn't really THAT funny. :)

Oct 14, 2008
Don't use this drill , because of injuries to the wrist. Why would you want to stop your swing at impact ?
Try to keep in perspective most of these kids we are talking about are females and do not have the forearm strength or wrist strength the potential major league player has or will have.

Now you know i just had to post about this diddnt you ...lol

Tim

May 13, 2008
Dana and Mike,

Yes but how do you feel about hitting three pointers with a bat and a basketball? Will someone please watch the video link? See the little wink icon?

It's a good thing he got a lot of tilt otherwise he wouldn't have been able to hit that high arching shot.

Oh yeah, he rolled his wrists too early. ;)

May 7, 2008
DFW
That is awful

You talk about screwing up a kids swing fast. Hey kids lets learn to to disconnect and chop down on the ball. As well as shorten the long zone.

Then were going to wrap this device around you and watch you slam up against the wall with a bat when you loose balance.

I wonder how long it will take him to put that bat through the glass on the door demonstration.

Big fun.

May 7, 2008
DFW
Mark

I am sure Mud was but I am continually amazed at what I see being developed to help kids develop bad hitting habits. Practice doesnt make perfect. It makes permanent. This is my first view at this one.

I am sure these guys had good intentions with this product but I view it as counter productive to learning a high level swing.

Dana.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish