Softball Hitting Book

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoachLisle

CoachLisle.com
May 19, 2014
Santa Clara University
Thank you Matt.

At contact you want the wrists to be straight with "palm-in/palm-out".

Please describe "palm-in/palm-out". What is the reference point for 'in' and 'out' in your usage?

What I mean is that dependent on the height of the pitch..although the palm with be up/down it will also be in/out. On a low inside pitch if the hand path is correct..you'll see the back of the bottom hand at contact on a right handed hitter at contact facing the camera. I don't think that's palm up/down. I see that as in/out.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1231309/thumbs/o-MIGUEL-CABRERA-facebook.jpg

CoachLisle

CoachLisle.com
May 19, 2014
Santa Clara University
I would hope that this doesn't dissolve into an argument. This guy was nice enough to put his thoughts out there and make them available for free to anyone that wants it. He didn't ask for critiques. I know many folks have strong opinions on the optimal detailed components of the swing and clearly not everyone agrees. As a dad just trying to help his kid become a better softball player I appreciate all information and opinions. The more the better as I sort through it all and decide what to try and work with.

Actually, I would love critiques as long as they're about the content and not personal. That's where discussions break down when people use extremes or attacking posture.

I'm confident where I'm at in my journey as a hitting coach and don't take attacks on my opinion of the swing personal. That's the beauty of sports and especially coaching. We all see things through a different lens. As long as people are respectable in their engagement with me regarding my views, I have no problem engaging with them and enjoy talking things thru.

CoachLisle

CoachLisle.com
May 19, 2014
Santa Clara University
"Nice" doesn't help anyone learn to hit the ball well. When something new gets put out for public use, whether its an e-book, a new model bat, a new car, an appliance etc you should expect it to be evaluated and reviewed. If the product is good, everyone benefits. If reviews are mixed or poor, members of the general public still remain free to make their own judgement with that forewarning in mind.

FWIW - I was curious and downloaded the ebook earlier today and IMO it lacked detail and clarity. YMMV

Greenmonsters...The intent of the eBook was more of a birds eye view of the swing. I wanted to make it basic enough for hitting coaches/parents to understand without getting too technical/detailed. My plan is to work on releasing more in depth ebooks and also drill ebooks and a common faults and fixes ebook, so I agree with you on the detail aspect.

In regards to clarity, please let me know ways that I could have improved the clarity. I did use a lot of language/terms that I didn't describe very well. A Glossary of terms and explanations at the end may be a good idea.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
What I mean is that dependent on the height of the pitch..although the palm with be up/down it will also be in/out. On a low inside pitch if the hand path is correct..you'll see the back of the bottom hand at contact on a right handed hitter at contact facing the camera. I don't think that's palm up/down. I see that as in/out.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1231309/thumbs/o-MIGUEL-CABRERA-facebook.jpg

Thank you Matt. The "in" makes sense to me. Please explain the "out".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC