Softball Hitting Book

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoachLisle

CoachLisle.com
May 19, 2014
Santa Clara University
I put together a collection of my thoughts/ideas on the mechanics of the Elite Swing and published them into a PDF.

It is FREE and not for profit use. I just wanted to be able to help out coaches, parents and players my experiences working with a few All-American & NPF softball players.

It is not all-encompassing about the swing. Just a few things that I believe the best hitters in the game do.

The info in the book is pretty advanced stuff. I think its great for coaches, parents and older players who want to learn what elite hitters do but I wouldn't have anyone under 16 or so read it. Having said that, I would teach these same things to a 10yr old. (if that makes sense)

If you'd like a copy you can get it here: https://coachlisle.leadpages.net/coach-lisle-hitting-secrets/

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Thank you Matt.

At contact you want the wrists to be straight with "palm-in/palm-out".

Please describe "palm-in/palm-out". What is the reference point for 'in' and 'out' in your usage?

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I have a feeling that this thread is going to take off and be RICH with information, including clips and photos.

I just looked through that free ebook and it is great! There are a couple things I'm confused by, including the hand orientation FiveFrame is asking about.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I have a feeling that this thread is going to take off and be RICH with information, including clips and photos.

I just looked through that free ebook and it is great! There are a couple things I'm confused by, including the hand orientation FiveFrame is asking about.

Been through that on BBF and was 'labeled' an attacker. So, count me out.

Jul 23, 2014
I would hope that this doesn't dissolve into an argument. This guy was nice enough to put his thoughts out there and make them available for free to anyone that wants it. He didn't ask for critiques. I know many folks have strong opinions on the optimal detailed components of the swing and clearly not everyone agrees. As a dad just trying to help his kid become a better softball player I appreciate all information and opinions. The more the better as I sort through it all and decide what to try and work with.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I would hope that this doesn't dissolve into an argument. This guy was nice enough to put his thoughts out there and make them available for free to anyone that wants it. He didn't ask for critiques. I know many folks have strong opinions on the optimal detailed components of the swing and clearly not everyone agrees. As a dad just trying to help his kid become a better softball player I appreciate all information and opinions. The more the better as I sort through it all and decide what to try and work with.

"Nice" doesn't help anyone learn to hit the ball well. When something new gets put out for public use, whether its an e-book, a new model bat, a new car, an appliance etc you should expect it to be evaluated and reviewed. If the product is good, everyone benefits. If reviews are mixed or poor, members of the general public still remain free to make their own judgement with that forewarning in mind.

FWIW - I was curious and downloaded the ebook earlier today and IMO it lacked detail and clarity. YMMV

Jul 23, 2014
"Nice" doesn't help anyone learn to hit the ball well. When something new gets put out for public use, whether its an e-book, a new model bat, a new car, an appliance etc you should expect it to be evaluated and reviewed. If the product is good, everyone benefits. If reviews are mixed or poor, members of the general public still remain free to make their own judgement with that forewarning in mind.

FWIW - I was curious and downloaded the ebook earlier today and IMO it lacked detail and clarity. YMMV

I agree that there wasn't a lot of detail and obviously people will look at this and probably disagree with some of it. No, "nice" doesn't help anyone learn to hit well and I never insinuated that it did. Putting out information does help. There were a few things in there that I thought would be helpful for me working with my daughter. There were a couple of others that I scratched my head about. Perhaps I would feel differently if I was a hitting coach.

I will say that I believe there is a difference between a consumer reviewing something they have purchased versus something that was shared freely unless the feedback was requested. I will concede that putting that out there in the forum certainly can invite the feedback whether it was desired or not so the author assumes that risk.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR

I used the cue "tall backside" with a hitter tonight. Worked well. Was worth the download.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes