softball helmet

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
My team has the rip it vision pro... not one single issue!
Every girl loves them. There is a large white area in the front for team decal. I'm surprised to hear about the ear piece issue.

Dec 21, 2012
My daughter likes her rip it and we also had a problem with the insides, but she stuffs her batting gloves and facemask inside when its in her bag. A little (maybe a little to much) Gorilla glue fixed the problem.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Ok read the thread on vision. The worse thing you can do with a helmet is not have it fit snug. If it bounces at all you will destroy her vision since the helmet will be moving in front of her eyes while she tries to focus on the ball. Grab the front on the helmet and test to see if it moves up and down, if it does it doesn't fit her! I like helmets that adjust , because one size doesn't fit all!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Most teams consider the helmet as part of the uniform, so if you have a brand/model preference I would suggest you let your head coach know. I would not suggest you go buy whatever you want, or it may end up being an expensive paperweight.

Jun 24, 2011
We ordered direct from Boombah for our all star team this summer, and I am really impressed with the quality of the helmets. Soft, durable cloth covering the internal foam pieces, pretty light, a cool matte finish, and a great price ($29.99, add $7.99 for facemask.) Much better than the Easton, Rawlings and Worth helmets we've used.

Oct 2, 2012
Most teams consider the helmet as part of the uniform, so if you have a brand/model preference I would suggest you let your head coach know. I would not suggest you go buy whatever you want, or it may end up being an expensive paperweight.

I understand the "team helmet" or even "team shoe" uniformity is a great thing. BUT it can be a real PIA if your player doesn't fit into the item be it too big or too small. Is wearing a helmet that doesn't fit correctly worth it? I'm asking to ask, I'm not being snotty.:)

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
Schutt has reps in the field who left us helmets for a couple weeks so we could
choose the style and sizes. They also offer custom paint jobs that will make your team stand out.
I would have loved to go with the colors, but it wasn't in the budget. If you have several teams
in an organization buying helmets, I have heard they do a deep discount for the program

Dec 11, 2010
Rip-it has a 400 day warranty.......

We believe our customer's warranty issues should be handled quickly and easily. Because we believe this, we built a company around the idea of servicing our customers to the best of our abilities. We created better service by offering our exceptional 400 day warranty with unlimited replacements, allowing products to be used in all temperatures, and provide complimentary return shipping both ways for customers in the United States. Our goal is to always make sure players have the RIP-IT gear they need every time they step onto the field.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles