softball helmet

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2012
So its time for a new helmet. Looking for some opinions out here to see what you think
Heres what i am looking for
for
quality
comfort
ability to see clearly
light weight
compact face mask.
been looking at the shcutt boombah and rip it helmets but would love to get all opinions

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2012
We bought new ripits as an org this year and over half the helmets had ear padding fall out. We are going to have to buy new again due to poor quality by ripits. So I am interested in this answer too.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD uses an adjustable Adidas helmet. I'm not sure how it compares to anything else for weight, etc.

From what I've seen ear padding falling out is not uncommon at all in many brands. My DD's All-Star teammates had a variety of helmets, and quite a few had issues with the padding. I started carrying superglue in my backpack to fix these issues in minutes. It works great and creates a stronger bond than the original glue.

Oct 2, 2012
on the Field
About to order Rip-Its for our team. For the money, they seem to be the best value..and yes, a little super glue on hand is a must for all helmets.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
My DD loves her Rip-it helmet. She's only 8 and has a relatively small head but it fits her well and no issues yet with foam,knock on wood.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Of the three brands you are looking at, Dd has liked the Scutt the best. She says it was the most comfortable and IMO they were the best quality of the three. They were also the most expensive but I guess you get what you pay for.

Oct 2, 2012
My older DD is small. She's almost 12 and is 78lbs in shoes! She's got a small head and always had a hard time finding a helmet. She ended up with a Rip It. Pads fell out, BUT they warranty them for something like 400 days if ordered directly from Rip It. I had called and they sent a new one out really quickly. I did have to return the defective one. The second one has held up MUCH better. No problem with the pads. She likes that it's light weight, streamlined compared to some, and the mask is nice and open. Would order another.

Dec 11, 2010
Rip-it. Best helmet, best vision, lighter than the Schutte which is dd's second choice.

Jun 19, 2012
Keep the feedback coming.
seems like rip it is very popular. Our man issue is the facegaurd need better vision also when she swings her facegaurd seems to lift her head when her shoulders come through. I personally hate that she has to wear a face mask but I guess thats part of the game now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles