So, how is your softball hangover today (Monday)?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
After playing well on Saturday, winning pool and then first bracket game, we had to face a very competitive team in the second round early Sunday morning and lost by two during a big rally on a not so great call. . .that's the way the ball bounces.
Played FIVE more games to defeat the team that sent us down in the "if game" in international tie breaker after falling behind 5-0 in the first inning, won 7-6. They were "in it to win it!"

Gotta love the game and yes, I am paying for it today.

I call it a softball hangover. . .to many sunflower seeds!;)

How is your hangover?

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Second place. Had a good tourney, but our usually sure handed 3rd baseman threw an easy play into the dirt and that was pretty much the difference in the final game.

On a personal note my dd had a great tourney (.777 at the plate and 3-1 pitching) But the look on her face when they were handed those second place trophies you would think they just handed her a skunk.

Oh well there is always today, wednesday and Thursday for league dble headers and then another tourney next weekend to make us forget.

Jun 8, 2012
League play.. Only 1 game.
18-6 win, DD went 3-3, had a monster game at 1st.
She's going to play up tonight, followed by SemiFinals on Tuesday. 1 vs. 1: going to be interesting.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Hangovers I can deal with, this weekend DD did not play and I had terrible withdraws. Cold sweats, hands were shaking, blood pressure was high, blurred vision in one eye, my legs were numb...............just plain miserable.

DD did write me a prescription for a 3 day tourney this coming weekend. I'm gonna ask for unlimited refills.

Apr 25, 2010
Hangovers I can deal with, this weekend DD did not play and I had terrible withdraws. Cold sweats, hands were shaking, blood pressure was high, blurred vision in one eye, my legs were numb...............just plain miserable.

DD did write me a prescription for a 3 day tourney this coming weekend. I'm gonna ask for unlimited refills.

I hear ya! We were off this weekend, as well. It was odd being home and getting some things done. Fortunately, we have an 8 game minimum this weekend to cure me.

May 13, 2008
Not too bad. I'm a little dehydrated, but the DD's team got a berth to the ASA/USA 16u nationals.

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
DGD's coach wanted to play a tournament close by before we went to nationals in a few weeks. He hoped to build the team's confidence. Well, we won the tournament but it sure did not boost my confidence, we played like a first year 12u team and not a seasoned 14u team. But it was called softball so ......... The funniest thing that happened was the BU in between innings came in to talk to the PU about how w-i-d-e his strike zone was. So funny!

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Pride, it was strange not seeing the Pride in the Collinsville Extreme Tournament. They have been in that tournament for years. We survied the 98 degree heat and higher humidity this weekend. The tournament was a huge success again with a lot of outstanding talent in the tournament.

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
All-Stars over, no more softball until Fall except practicing with the daughters. Yard work, not so much fun...........