So, he yelled "That's 3 outs!"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
A dad yelled to the team that it was 3 outs, Sat. night. It was only 2 and the runner on 3rd trotted on home, as the team left the field. Oops. This is Majors LL.

I do preach to my students to always know the outs and show their teammates, but they don't.

My student did get up to bat and hit a triple. Then, she scored on a WP. They won by a run.

Jun 18, 2010
Was this a dad for the team that was on defense?

Whats funny is when the HC forgets how many outs. Our HC has run us into the 3rd out several times thinking we had two outs when we only had one.

Dec 6, 2010
Florida
That's why before each season I instruct my players to not listen to their parents while on the field during a game or practice. Because them if our coaches mess up then parents can criticize us. But if a player listens to their parents and it cause a mess up, then I am going to be on that player for listening to their parents and not that coach. A few parents don't agree but for the most part that accept and understand.

Feb 17, 2014
Had this happen to our team last year. Team had runner on 3rd with 1 out, but the coach was yelling 2 outs to his players in the dug out. Fooled our girls and the runner on 3rd scored after the pitcher struck out the batter and the catcher rolled the ball back to the mound.

I think it is a bush league move on the other coach because 10u players are going to fall for it since the coach is an adult.

But we as a coaching staff are idiots for letting it happen.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Spleen, You are right. When I told my DD the story (she is 26) she asked what team the dad was with.

I can remember 15 years ago, my batter hit one of those swinging bunts that dropped near the line, but fair. The opposing coach yells "foul ball." His catcher picked up the ball and tagged my batter out. :(

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I was using a COUNTER and messed up the number of outs and called my runners in off the bases when I thought there were three outs. Earlier in the inning I clicked an out on a DTS and my runner was safe.

Jul 23, 2014
My DD guest played for a team where this happened maliciously. The opposing coach stood up in the dugout door and yelled "That's 3 outs, lets go". One of the runners on base stepped off and was called out. The opposing coach swore it was an honest mistake but he was sure happy with that out. Cheap and pathetic stuff I thought.....this was 10u B ball by the way.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Our HS coach brags about a trick play he has been able to pull off where he has the team run in to the dugout after 2 outs, pretending it is 3.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Spleen, You are right. When I told my DD the story (she is 26) she asked what team the dad was with.

I can remember 15 years ago, my batter hit one of those swinging bunts that dropped near the line, but fair. The opposing coach yells "foul ball." His catcher picked up the ball and tagged my batter out. :(

Hmmm.....obstruction is not that difficult a call to make in this case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AymeePitcherMom