Skilz Lightning Bolt review

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 7, 2012
PA
I bought 2 of these in late August, while moving my sister into college she needed a walmart run, i went to peak at thesports setion and msot softball stuff was on clearance. Wound up buying 2 of them for $24 a piece and got 2 extra tubes of balls for $9 a piece. Think they were priced wrong I went back 2 weeks later to pick up another one for another coach and they were back at $50.

Anyway got to bull them out for our indoors last week, one stattion I had them stand in batting position and recognize the colors. (it was amusing I had the first 3 girls yell out yellow and finally had to tell them all it was only red or blue). This week I plan on moving it closer an having them do it. The second station I had them bunting, they all thought it would be easy but it was a challaning for them a sleeve of 24 and the most a person got down was 9, going to have them attempt this again next week, than maybe switch to the sklz ligtning rod bat.

One of the better investmets I have made.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2011
I've had mine for about 2 years now. We really like using it. DD is a contact hitter & gets mad when she has more behind her than out in the yard. It can be inconsistant at times, but for the money its well worth it. We've used it at a couple of team practices, and the girls always enjoy it.

Oct 19, 2009
I purchased one of the Skilz Lightning Bolt pro, Wal-Mart $30.00, there were no instructions in the box. It’s pretty obvious how to put it together and turn it on. Did you get instructions?

Just wondering if there maybe some instructions on how to best use the device. Can it throw breaking balls if so how?

Another questions how do you time it coming out of the machine?

Can you use the plastic golf balls in the machine?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole