showcase strategy - pet peeve

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Most of the college coaches

1. Already have a list of possibles
2. Softball is not a huge world, the very best "up in coming" players are on the top of #1 list
3. 2 positions are always held open for stars ( anyone Wonna guess which two )
4. Most are only looking to fill 2-3 positions at showcases ( because they have been recruiting prior off the #1 #2 list )
5. Any sign of negative emotion or unsportsmanlike activity will erase you off 1-4

29dad, your last post was pretty good.......gave me a laugh. ( now 2 posts ago )*****

My 2 cents "the defensive game of her life" will catch their eye 10x's more than the solid single and 2 harmless groundouts.

Last edited:
May 17, 2012
I still am still trying to understand the "fake bunt". I understand the theory of manipulating the fielders but I hate giving up a strike.

I am not a fan.

Apr 6, 2012
29dad,Yeah, I hear you! Have you been talking to some of the parents I know? LOL? You know, like the parent who showed up in a new T-Bird for his 12 year old daughter because she was going to get a full ride to Tennessee,( no, he wasn't kidding.)?

In reality, I understand your frustration as I have gone through the recruiting process with my DD. Just hang in there!

Sep 18, 2011
29dad,Yeah, I hear you! Have you been talking to some of the parents I know? LOL? You know, like the parent who showed up in a new T-Bird for his 12 year old daughter because she was going to get a full ride to Tennessee,( no, he wasn't kidding.)?

In reality, I understand your frustration as I have gone through the recruiting process with my DD. Just hang in there!

Thanks. We still have two more showcases this fall so she will have plenty of opportunities to be seen. In fact, we are traveling a LONG way to your neck of the woods (Atlanta, or actually Watkinsville) in a few weeks to play in a showcase. One of our games is against the Atlanta Vipers who recently won the 14U PGF so I imagine there will be plenty of coaches watching that game! Looking forward to that tournament but not looking forward to the drive.

Oct 1, 2010
Marietta, GA
Thanks. We still have two more showcases this fall so she will have plenty of opportunities to be seen. In fact, we are traveling a LONG way to your neck of the woods (Atlanta, or actually Watkinsville) in a few weeks to play in a showcase. One of our games is against the Atlanta Vipers who recently won the 14U PGF so I imagine there will be plenty of coaches watching that game! Looking forward to that tournament but not looking forward to the drive.

We will be there as well (in the 18's) - you're basically in Athens (UGA) and about 90 minutes from Atlanta. Athens is a cool college town if you have down time. If you need anything, feel free to send a PM>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi