shameless brag post

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
I'll spare you the details but DD had a great weekend playing as a pickup player in a combined 16/18 USSSA tourney over the weekend. I'll keep the brag very focused. Her team was trailing 4-3 late in the game against one of the top seeds in single elimination bracket play. Batter made an out. DD came up to bat. Opposing coach called time. Had a conference in the circle. With one out and the bases empty in a one run game, they intentionally walked my DD (she was having a great game and a great tournament). I thought to myself, "THAT is respect." And it totally blew up in their faces. Next girl hit a bomb and when the dust settled DD's team won 7-4. Fun stuff, and I can hardly wait until her team gets going in June.

Sep 18, 2011
Well so much for keeping my brag "focused." Ok - 7 for 13 with 2 homers (including a monster shot earlier in the game I described in post 1) and 3 doubles. Wait, maybe it was only two doubles. Anyway, two of her outs were line shots caught by LF and CF but, to be fair, she made her team's final out (trailing 11-4) popping up to 1B, and for that, she didn't get supper. \

And one more brag- I got a text from her travel ball coach yesterday saying that he nominated my DD for the All-Star game in Boulder, CO (Independence Day tournament) later this summer. Doesn't mean she will be selected, but it was nice to hear that she was nominated. Ok. i'm done now. Building her up WAY too much and she'll probably go 0 for 17 at her next tournament in Oskaloosa, Iowa. Speaking of which, where in the heck is Oskaloosa???

Jun 24, 2013
Being there to watch it is one thing, but since we couldn't be there to watch, hearing about it is the next best thing.

KEEP
CALM
and
BRAG
ON

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad