Sept. 1st is approaching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
There is a funny little video on Instagram from an older gray haired gentleman standing on the open tailgate of his truck. As he's looking down on how to get off the tailgate he explains.

A younger person would look at getting off the tailgate and jumping having no problem in doing so.

But you know you're an older person when you look down at getting off the tailgate considering jumping down and say heck no I'm not risking injury...
As he proceeds to get down on his hands and knees and safely appropriately back off one foot leg at a time to the ground, while holding on to the tailgate getting down off of it.

Oct 4, 2018
Back in DD's day, there were 8th and 9th graders being scooped up all around her. FOMO was very real. We had to learn fast and switched gears after her summer season before 11th grade. Once we did that, one email got the ball rolling in the right direction.

I've probably told y'all this story. In fact, I probably told y'all this story in this exact thread. I'll read the thread and see how my stories compare.

Jana Johns was an Assistant coach for my DD's 14U travel team, in that she's a family friend of one of the families and grew up in our neck of the woods. The girls were a bit star-struck when they met her, so I asked a question to break the ice. "Jana, what age were you when you got recruited?"

14U. An 8th grader. Got an offer from South Carolina.

To think it was happening at that age is bizarre. Our 14U little girls are little girls. Wild.

May 13, 2023
Well recently knowing of a team that thought they were of the status to be able to say trust the process failed numerous players this past summer.
( ...the followers thinking the team coaches would make the connections found reality trying to connect with colleges is far beyond just trust)

⬇️
99% of connecting with colleges is from the individual players effort!
⬆️
Agree that it does not always happen in the same time frame for everyone,
to that have patience and pursue!

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
This year's Trust the Process post.

View attachment 28675
Oh and Btw. This same org posted a pic of a player "Committed to XYZ school" with the IG uniform super imposed on the player while at said school. This played had yet to play a single inning with this team. Meanwhile previous program did all the work alongside the family to make that day happen. Trust the process means move to our org and we will take credit for your commitment.

Jul 28, 2019
Does the Sept. 1 date apply to all NCAA divisions, or is it just for D-1? Apologies if I missed the answer to this in the thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi