Sept. 1st is approaching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Do you think because of rules has stopped college recruitment of the top younger players and those conversations of interest?
No I am not naive. Some (perhaps delusional) P5 coach told DD’s coach she is going to be “special” and then he invited her to a camp so I am fully aware of what goes on. It’s not perfect (perfect would be not allowing a coach tell a kid, through a coach, who still messes up her prep step half the time that she is going to be special..) but they at least cannot “commit” before they’ve taken algebra..

Last edited:
May 13, 2023
No I am not naive.
✔️Then we both know that rule is nothing to complain about 😉. Not then not now. Do not think that anyone's journey is the same, too many variables decisions experiences emotions Etc.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
✔️Then we both know that rule is nothing to complain about 😉
Ok so if the rule actually worked as intended you would complain..got it.

My 8th grader needs to “worry” about getting better..not about recruiting.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
No I am not naive. Some (perhaps delusional) P5 coach told DD’s coach she is going to be “special” and then he invited her to a camp so I am fully aware of what goes on. It’s not perfect (perfect would be not allowing a coach tell a kid, through a coach, who still messes up her prep step half the time that she is going to be special..) but they at least cannot “commit” before they’ve taken algebra..
What is her prep step and how does she mess it up?

Jun 8, 2016
What is her prep step and how does she mess it up?
It's a prep step then Auburn hop but she cheats to the 5-6 hole with it with a lefty up sometimes..don't ask me why. I'll tell her, she won't do it for a game and then will start doing it again..drives me f'ing nuts (how hard is it to do it properly every time??). It is worse then not doing anything..She's always done these random little things that make zero sense..

So yeah..recruiting doesn't need to be worried about right now..

Last edited:
May 13, 2023
It's a prep step then Auburn hop but she cheats to the 5-6 hole with it with a lefty up sometimes..don't ask me why. I'll tell her, she won't do it for a game and then will start doing it again..drives me f'ing nuts (how hard is it to do it properly every time??). It is worse then not doing anything..She's always done these random little things that make zero sense..
😁 and this is what you're worrying about...🎊🤷‍♀️

Do you really see it screwing up her game? Or is she fine?
Perhaps this is JUST YOU of the mindset that this is a critical technical necessity for HER? Are you trying to live vicariously through those moments?

Jun 8, 2016
Do you really see it screwing up her game? Or is she fine?
She loses range to her left because of it (her momentum is going to her right) so yeah..It's a simple thing to do..you are totally in control of it..so do it correctly. I didn't say she sucked..I said that is something she can improve upon.

Has nothing to do with me living vicariously through her. If I was living vicariously through her I would have had her go to the camp so I could post a picture of her with the coach on my twitter and FB..

May 13, 2023
She loses range to her left because of it (her momentum is going to her right) so yeah..It's a simple thing to do..you are totally in control of it..so do it correctly.
Maybe you can find a defensive instructor to help her. Then again maybe she's doing it cuz it bugs you...🤷‍♀️

If I was living vicariously through her I would have had her go to the camp so I could post a picture of her with the coach on my twitter and FB..
Hahaaa that's a comment to a giant group of people....mehhh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1