searching for tee set up pic

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
One thing I would add (not to put too fine a point on it). I would never disagree with the teachings of Howard but one thing I found out (don't remember where) was the angle for hitting line drives seems to be 5-20 degrees. so if you use the level app on your phone (as previously mentioned) and a 2x4, you can set up your hitting target zone with varying parameters like tee height or distance to backstop.

if 10-26 degrees works for him, he would know from experience. my numbers just came from researching various sources.

Dec 11, 2010
We used Howard's numbers until this year. It resulted in burned outfielders.

I agree that when I started messing with the angles on my phone it seemed like a little flatter was better fit. I chalked it up to my younger dd moving up to much better competition/outfielders resulting in more balls that were caught near the fence. When they start going out most of the time that will be gtg.

Last fall we really emphasized hard liners to the gaps. Some might say that hitters don't have that much control over where the ball goes but it really did seem to happen. Where she was playing the ball has to be scorched to get through, a lower line drive.

I am a big believer in working on trajectory by hitting to the back/top of cage and outside on a field. I don't think a lot of people believe that they can train it or feel like their hitter is that "advanced". It's a matter of working on trajectory while you practice everything else.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez