School forfeits title game — other team has girl

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
"Our school aims to instill in our boys a profound respect for women and girls."

Yeah, the same kind of respect the Taliban have for women and girls. "It's our world, you stay at home where you belong." I can't dredge up any pity for them.

Mar 31, 2012
I saw a pretty good wrestler get pinned by a girl once - in States - in New York no less - he laughed it off.

He was always laughing that kid. Weighed 105 pounds but on the forums he always masqueraded as "a 280 pounder from (rival school)" I wonder whatever happened to that kid?

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Never heard of 'fundamentalist' Catholic.
I think that's the group that Mel Gibson belongs to. The one that thinks women should be seen and not heard. And the one that thinks the Catholic Chuch went to pot about the time they stopped saying the mass in Latin.

Though I think they refer to themselves as "Traditional Catholics" as opposed to the term "Fundamentalist Catholic" which is likely just a term the writer used.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2010
I think that's the group that Mel Gibson belongs to. The one that thinks women should be seen and not heard. And the one that thinks the Catholic Chuch went to pot about the time they stopped saying the mass in Latin.

Though I think they refer to themselves as "Traditional Catholics" as opposed to the term "Fundamentalist Catholic" which is likely just a term the writer used.
I would use the term "non-Catholic," since they disagree with that church's teachings, but maybe that's just me.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
The school with the girl on it had to have her due to a state law that required them to let her play if they did not have an alternate sport , ie. softball , for her to play on .

She earned her spot in that championship game by helping her team to go undefeated .

The other team had every right to stand by their convictions . This isn't bigotry , its a lesson in learning to live with your convictions and is hardly newsworthy .

May 25, 2010
The other team had every right to stand by their convictions . This isn't bigotry , its a lesson in learning to live with your convictions and is hardly newsworthy .
What you'll find is that most bigots are quite firm in their convictions, and regardless of how small-minded these people are, in their minds, what they believe to be true is absolute and unchanging.

No one is saying they aren't entitled to their beliefs and traditions, but some of us are saying that certain beliefs and traditions give rise to an inherently uneven playing field (no pun intended).

May 25, 2010
I realize that no one here (including me) is going to agree with this school's position that co-ed sports are inappropriate. But I don't see the point of ridiculing the school, either. I don't think the decision has anything to do with the fear that boys might lose to girls, or that boys are superior.
Do you really believe that?

As for ridiculing the school, one of the remedies for bullying is to give bullies a taste of their own medicine. Degrade them and make them an object of ridicule and allow them to learn how it feels. Sometimes a good punch in the mouth is exactly what they need, figuratively or otherwise.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
I saw a pretty good wrestler get pinned by a girl once - in States - in New York no less - he laughed it off.

He was always laughing that kid. Weighed 105 pounds but on the forums he always masqueraded as "a 280 pounder from (rival school)" I wonder whatever happened to that kid?

:D:D:D Probably grew up and had kids...:cool:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06