Scap question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
As you go from 3 oclock or so trying to keep the ball in, does your ball arm scap get pinched? and then stay that way for while?
Should also the glove arm scap get tight?

or am i way of base here?

Jul 14, 2008
NO NO NO NO.....There is no "pinching" the scap muscle in pitching. Try pinching the scap and also letting you shoulder relax and slide forward toward the target after release. Can't happen. Pitching is about relaxation of the upper body, not tension, anywhere, any time.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Ok, the reason i ask is when i am fighting(fighting might not be the right word) to keep the ball in, which turns to up, It feels like its bottomed out, riding along, no slack sliding, the scap is bottomed out but not Pinched , which is a poor use of aword for what i am trying to describe

Lacey Waldrop Lacey Waldrop-0.00.04.50scaps touching.jpg VladGuerrero_070701_throwhome-0.00.02.20.jpg

As my arm circle continues on it travels, into 12 and then to 9, i feel tension build in my arm, as i fight to keep the ball in.

At 9 oclock, if the ball is up, there is tension in my arm, as opposed to no tension if the ball is down at nine. it the reason that pitchers find ball Up at 9 uncomfortable, because they were taught HE and ball down at 9. i feel as though my arm and upper becomes "loaded" as my arm circles until a release at bI.

If Pitching is "throwing" ? I can see her shoulders pulled back.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi