Saw the top-ranked 2027 player this weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I still firmly believe it comes down to genetics for pitchers to be able to throw a lot of innings and never get injured.
Agreed..but like I said by the time somebody figured out they are not one of the gifted “rubber arms” it might be too late…..

May 27, 2013
Agreed..but like I said by the time somebody figured out they are not one of the gifted “rubber arms” it might be too late…..
Oh I wholeheartedly agree! Especially since puberty (and the hormones that come along with it) can have an effect on the ligaments, which can also cause one to be more susceptible to injury.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
There was one particular mid-major in the Philly area notorious for getting a lot of young girls to commit, especially local players from the area.
I stand corrected then 😀. My BA is bad on here lately 😂

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
There was one particular mid-major in the Philly area notorious for getting a lot of young girls to commit, especially local players from the area. Saw a few of those girls decommit and move on to much better SB schools, while some got dropped by the coach right before being able to sign their NLI. I know that coach is long gone now - but it was crazy to watch it happen before they changed the rules.
We may be talking about the same fire breathing mascot. :ROFLMAO:

May 27, 2013
I know 6 pitchers in the area (NJ, Eastern PA, Delaware) that throw 60mph at 12u, including all 3 on my DD’s team. (There could be more.) I’m guessing you’re talking about the lefty. She’s really good, but my DD’s team has surprising had her number recently. I think 60mph is more common outside this area . A 12-u girl for the Bandits has hit 67mph in game - now that’s a D-1 prospect.
I think a lot of these 12U phenoms we hear about either stagnate or drop off once the full effect of puberty hits and their arms aren’t what they used to be.
Some will, however, continue to develop and improve.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
In games? Do they sit at 60 or hit it once a game? If you have 3 kids who sit at 60 mph, from 40 ft, you must not lose very many games..
Thank you for saying it first. My daughters have played a lot of softball in that area over the last 6 years, and I don't recall ever seeing anyone that age throwing nearly that hard. Heck, I don't see many of them throwing that hard at 16U, and I've certainly never seen 67 MPH at 12U.

Jun 8, 2016
Thank you for saying it first. My daughters have played a lot of softball in that area over the last 6 years, and I don't recall ever seeing anyone that age throwing nearly that hard. Heck, I don't see many of them throwing that hard at 16U, and I've certainly never seen 67 MPH at 12U.
DD is playing 14U Power Pool at Sparkler in a few weeks. If I had to guess, I would say the average velocity she will see would be about 60...maybe a tad higher. There will be some that sit mid 60's I am sure but that won't be the norm. Maybe Drop's team should enter that..

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
DD is playing 14U Power Pool at Sparkler in a few weeks. If I had to guess, I would say the average velocity she will see would be about 60...maybe a tad higher. There will be some that sit mid 60's I am sure but that won't be the norm. Maybe Drop's team should enter that..
We'll be at the IDT at 16U. I suspect my daughter will be middle of the pack, velocity wise, and she throws harder than anyone else in my area.

Three girls throwing 60 MPH at 12U is unheard of, especially in the Northeast.

May 27, 2013
We'll be at the IDT at 16U. I suspect my daughter will be middle of the pack, velocity wise, and she throws harder than anyone else in my area.

Three girls throwing 60 MPH at 12U is unheard of, especially in the Northeast.

I‘d love to know which team they play for - as that is my area. I’m still “in the know” about a lot of the local talent. Then again maybe not so much with “ younger than HS age“ players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand